What's new

Newbie enjoying the ride.

Hi I am Chris from New Zealand and my OCD nature bought me to this forum:wink2:
I started roasting my own coffee 4 years ago in a breadmaker and ended up with close to $20K worth of gear and a small roasting business.
I see wet shaving could be just as addictive, lots of similarities.
You know "roast you own coffee it's cheaper" "Try wet shaving you will save a fortune in blades"
Anyway about 6 weeks in to it and a familiar story of hating shaving to loving it and all that.
Got a $35 Merkur 33C from the Bay and an Arko stick and a mystery brush "possibly horse" thrown in for $10, 1 merkur blade and I was away.
Absolutely loving it.
I have tried Personna, Crystals and Feather so far and upgraded to a Semogue best badger that I really like.
Got a Gillette flare tip SS on the way and a few more brands of blades to try.
Soaps now include erasmic, proraso, and a few natural ones that I don't particularly like.
Better confess to loving the Clubman range, I thought anything good started and $100 and up but I love this range and really enjoy it.

Just wanted to say Hi and any feedback, hints, tips etc gratefully received.
Best advice I read on here was "just get a kit and get started, you will learn more doing it that reading for a year" or something to that effect. Cheers gentleman !!

Welcome to B&B Chris!!!! This site is perfect for you. I feel like you will make many, in the cafe forum, very happy.

Hi Chris, welcome to B&B!

Well, it sounds like you were born to be at B&B from your description above!! When you get a chance, head to our Hall of Fame and tell us a bit more about yourself. If you have questions or run into problems, feel free to post them here at B&B. We're a welcoming and friendly group, and always ready to lend a helping hand to another wet-shaver. In my signature are a few links t various areas of B&B that might be of interest to you as well.

From the looks of things, you could cut a pretty wide swath over at our Cafe forum, but remember that we also love to talk about shaving!:lol:

Enjoy your time here, and once again, WELCOME!!

Based upon no actual data whatsoever, I think more Aussies and Kiwis are into wet shaving than any other part of the globe. Must be that rugged self-reliant spirit that seems to be so prevalent down under.
Enjoy. It's a fun hobby. And it has to be less expensive than the $20k coffee adventure ...

Top Bottom