What's new

Newbie checking in!

Hard to call myself a newbie at anything, with my 56th birthday coming this week. I learned to shave on a DE razor, happily turned away from the multi-blades a few years ago, then got lazy and went back to a 'Fusion.'

But now I'm back into DE shaving, tired of the plastic, much happier with my shaves. Am committed to developing my technique while trying different razors and brushes to figure out what's best for me. This site is fantastic, and I look forward to getting tons of help.

M

Hi Neatokino, welcome to B&B!

As a shaver of the same "vintage" as you, I can say that you definitely made the right choice. I started out using a Trac II, and moved along to the Mach 3, but just couldn't stomach the cost of carts. I have always used a brush and cream, though, and in the search for a source for cream when my beloved Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil cream went out of production (RIP...), I found B&B about 4 years ago.

After about 6 months reading about the wonders of DE shaving I made the switch, and have never looked back. It's a GREAT way to shave!!:thumbup:

When you get a moment, please stop by our Hall of Fame and tell us all a bit more about yourself. If you have questions or problems, feel free to post about them. We're a welcoming and friendly bunch here, and there's always someone around to give advice or answer a question.

Enjoy your time here, happy shaving, and once again, WELCOME!

Top Bottom