What's new

Newbie checking in

Welcome - Great starter kit! The Proraso cream is fantastic and the Weishi will provide for a close but forgiving shave. I actually just received a Weishi last week and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality.

All good advice thus far, check the info links posted and let us know how your first shave(s) go!

Welcome to the Badger & Blade!

Let us know how your first shaves go, with the new gear. Did ya get your money back for that other stuff?

No because I needed to shave. But I won't be buying any new cartridges for it!

After reading the tutorials and watching mantic's videos, I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do for my first shave.

But I am having trouble on how to do my preshave. Most recommend to take a shower before shaving but I like to take a shower after my shave. And I read about kyle's prep and I will probably do that often but for times when I don't have time, what is another way to preshave? Will something like Gillette thermal scub work? I read in the reviews that its just a gimmicky product. Will a regular wash of the face with some kind of face wash and warm to hot water be enough for a preshave?

I am the opposite in that I normally like to shave post-shower however I have shaved a number of times pre-shower. I don't have particuarly sensitive skin so don't ever use pre-shave products as a rule and if starting with a dry face I just wash my face with warm tap water for a minute or two. Shave as usual.

May not be quite as good as a full shower but I don't notice an appreciable difference in the actual end product (ie no nicks, close shave, etc.).

Good luck!

P.S. With the Weishi, I have found that it is VERY important to get the angle right and that although the razor is mild it is a bit finicky in this regard or you'll end up just scraping lather around. Focus on your angle and good luck!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
No because I needed to shave. But I won't be buying any new cartridges for it!

After reading the tutorials and watching mantic's videos, I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do for my first shave.

But I am having trouble on how to do my preshave. Most recommend to take a shower before shaving but I like to take a shower after my shave. And I read about kyle's prep and I will probably do that often but for times when I don't have time, what is another way to preshave? Will something like Gillette thermal scub work? I read in the reviews that its just a gimmicky product. Will a regular wash of the face with some kind of face wash and warm to hot water be enough for a preshave?

Mmm, your prep shouldn't be neglected, if it is, the whole shave can be painful.

If you are not taking a shower, Kyle's prep would be best and only take 3-4 minutes to complete.

Top Bottom