What's new

Newbie check in.

Newbie here. Been using Braun, Norelco and Panasonic electrics for 40 years. Never got close shave. Occasionally used cartridges but always had razor burn or cuts.
After reading reviews on Sharpologist, decided to try Oneblade Core (sale price only $20) as transition to DE safety.
Using Cremo without brush, WTG and XTG two pass. Getting SAS, almost DFS, certainly no BBS. Still some razor burn. Confused as to how much pressure to use. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Glad you joined us, welcome! As for how much pressure to use, the answer is none. Avoid applying any pressure on the razor into your face. Please post any questions, many here are quite knowledgable & happy to answer any questions.

As you're learning, relax & enjoy!

Welcome to B&B.

Usually, it is a technique issue that gives rise to problems a new shaver is having. Putting too much pressure on your razor will result in cuts, nicks, and irritation. Let the weight of the razor do the work for you. I find that using the correct grip can make a big difference. I use two fingers and my thumb to hold the razor with another finger resting on the tip of the handle. This results in holding the razor very lightly with no pressure on the razor. You want to hold the razor as lightly as you can so that it stays on your face and without it falling from your hand. The wiki deals with holding a razor and may help you.

Finally, look here for blade angle.

Top Bottom