What's new

Newbie check in

Hi guys,

First off thank you for everyone contributing to this forum. Learned a lot just by browsing different threads.

I never knew what DE razor shaving was until about four months ago. My dad never really taught me anything about shaving. Anyway, purchased a muhle R89 frankly off a lark and a way to save money with disposable blades. Learned lots of things the hard way, a few rough shaves (razor burn from first go at it was pretty rough!) etc etc. lots of learning and improvement and it's a fantastic and unexpected adventure and improvement.

Still playing with technique and growth direction as part of my neck still can get razor bumps. . I used to loath shaving and still have a tendency to use pressure as a result of years of cartridge Mach3 (with its 15 blades or whatever!) usage.

Anyway, I have ventured around with various razors before settling on what I liked best. Here are my current setups. Pics are always fun so ignore the text and enjoy. In the end, I didn't save any money!! Haha. Best!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462808369.705013.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462808405.523302.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462808422.374279.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462809006.284272.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462809006.284272.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just a newbie myself...i've only been using a DE razor for the last month or so..welcome:thumbup1:..the most valuable lesson that i've taught myself is patience, no pressure, a good lather..leads to a great shave.,and most of all enjoy the new shaving experience....:thumbup:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Very nice set-up. Enjoy!

Welcome to B&B! You took quite a jump in the second razor. :w00t::thumbup1:

Haha. Thanks. I messed around with lots. Started with muhle, then tried vdh, Futur (a keeper), braveheart (also keeper), and Parker before settling on att R1. Rad is real!!

Hope everyone is having great shaves!

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm just a newbie myself...i've only been using a DE razor for the last month or so..welcome:thumbup1:..the most valuable lesson that i've taught myself is patience, no pressure, a good lather..leads to a great shave.,and most of all enjoy the new shaving experience....:thumbup:

Yeah. Pressure is still at time an ongoing struggle. Tough to break habit after years of needing it to shave. Best!

Sent using Tapatalk

Top Bottom