What's new

Newbie but oldie

Hello everyone, I’m sort of a new guy here. I say sort of, because I’ve signed up, lurked, and searched, infinite amount of times, before really posting anything. I’ve been wet shaving for a very long time. I’ve always been fascinated with the old ways, ever since I was young. I first felt a razor at the tender age of 5 years old, when I snuck into the bathroom, got the loaded razor my father was just about to use, and pressed it hard above my upper lip. Needless to say, though the razor burn healed, the fascination for shaving remained. My teenage years carried Barbasol, an old Gillette, and Old Spice. Then I was given a set of vintage Burma-Shave soap. I suddenly became obsessed with wet shaving. Back then, it was much harder finding supplies, but was fortunate to have found a tube of Trumper’s Sandalwood cream, and with my Burma Shave boar brush, and that old Gillette, proceeded to shave my 18 year old mustache. A bit of Pinaud Clubman, or if I could find it locally, the beautiful Vanilla aftershave. Then came my work years and I sported a goatee, for many years. 2019, I found Mystic Water shaving soap, then Barrister and Mann, then APR, Declaration Grooming and all the rest followed! Now I’m here, with a collection of endless soaps and aftershaves, razors and lifetime supply of everything shaving, and no, I’m not ashamed to admit it, but it’s such a great hobby. Although I don’t buy as much, because I have my favorites, it’s always exciting seeing what comes next, what comes back, and what I’m gonna use today. Thank for letting me be part of here!

Top Bottom