What's new

Newbie Blade PIF #8

Hi all, I hope I´m doing this right to enter the PIF.
I am a couple of weeks into the hobby after picking a Mühler safety at a fancy supermarket. I just can´t believe how much closer my shaves have been compared to three blade cartridges. I thought I was being thorough. Been using the Müller blades. Very curious about the Feathers.

Got so excited with my first few shaves that I bought a brand new Böker straight. I've come to realize it needs to be honed. I hope I will be able to find someone skilled at this. Old school barbers are everywhere in Mexico City. I am just not shure If I will be able to find someone with the right skills and the stones, or whetstones for that matter.

Cheers all.

Hi all, I hope I´m doing this right to enter the PIF.
I am a couple of weeks into the hobby after picking a Mühler safety at a fancy supermarket. I just can´t believe how much closer my shaves have been compared to three blade cartridges. I thought I was being thorough. Been using the Müller blades. Very curious about the Feathers.

Got so excited with my first few shaves that I bought a brand new Böker straight. I've come to realize it needs to be honed. I hope I will be able to find someone skilled at this. Old school barbers are everywhere in Mexico City. I am just not shure If I will be able to find someone with the right skills and the stones, or whetstones for that matter.

Cheers all.

I know there are members on here who hone. If you go to the straight section and make a thread I'm sure you will be able to find someone who can help out.

I recently decided to learn more about the world of shave soaps, brushes, and DE razors to find out what I was missing. I appear to have come to the right place. I have one foot in the rabbit hole and afraid I may take a full tumble if I'm not careful with this new hobby. What an interesting, nostalgic, and fun new world for me to explore.
Thanks.

I'm in - this PIF is super and a nice gesture.
It's one piece of the kit that is so personal and with a different experience for each person.
Thanks for the chance!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sounds fantastic! Still relatively new to wet shaving and have only tried 2 blades so far. Really looking forward to trying additional blades

Awesome opportunity, thank you for this. Tried 5 different types of blades since I started this type of shaving a couple months ago. It's funny, the first two I tried I thought were really smooth and good. Thought nicks were just part of the process. Then I tried Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade and realized how personal blades were as it was night and day better. I'm in!

Top Bottom