What's new

Newbie and my gear

Hey fellow neck-cutters! I've been lurking a few weeks and decided to make an account. I'm 17 and shave about every day or every other day. My setup is as follows:
RAZOR & BLADE: Harry's Truman set, black handle; and Harry's razor cartridges (obviously).
CREAM: Harry's shave cream. It works great for me and I like the smell
AFTERSHAVE: CVS brand Old Spice classic. It smells like the real classic Old Spice (unlike the stuff P&G makes now), and is the only stuff I've used thus-far.
Look forward to hearing from other people!

Hey fellow neck-cutters! I've been lurking a few weeks and decided to make an account. I'm 17 and shave about every day or every other day. My setup is as follows:
RAZOR & BLADE: Harry's Truman set, black handle; and Harry's razor cartridges (obviously).
CREAM: Harry's shave cream. It works great for me and I like the smell
AFTERSHAVE: CVS brand Old Spice classic. It smells like the real classic Old Spice (unlike the stuff P&G makes now), and is the only stuff I've used thus-far.
Look forward to hearing from other people!
Hey! Just wait, that collection is gonna start growing. I got into this just for better shaves and didn't think it would be any more than that. Man, was I wrong.

I know! I just picked up my first bottle of aftershave the other day and got my Harry's in the mail last Saturday. Already want a badger brush, shave soap, pre-shave oil, and all of that stuff :p good thing I'm like the one teenager in existence who saves money responsibly and works.

Welcome to B&B! Good to see that you're starting off on the right foot! I would suggest your "next step" would be to try a DE safety razor. There will be many others coming along shortly to help you down that road!

I use injector razors (vintage subset of SE razors) and that's something I would personally recommend. But the DE crowd here is more extensive so there will be a lot of advice for that.

NOTE: I lived in the Boston area for 20+ years...we had our share of snow...but not like y'all had this year! I'll bet you look forward to heat and humidity this year!

Welcome bro, 2 of the most recommended (and I own and love them both) are the EJ DE89 and the Merkur 34C

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. I also have both the EJ DE89 and the Merkur (mine is the 38C - same razor head but a slightly heavier handle). They are both excellent shavers.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Top Bottom