What's new

Newb

Hey,

I've been a member for ~1 month (just getting around to posting) and been DE shaving for a few now. Almost gave up after the first time when I gave myself a mild scalping (blessed with a naturally shaved head that just needs some clean up) but stuck with it and am glad for it. As a Cavs fan I grow a beard every year for the playoffs so this will be my fist time DE shaving my face other than my neck and a couple passes high on the cheeks.

~Dom

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Hello, @Domin8r

welcome.jpg

Welcome to B&B. Technique is very important when using the DE so keep working on it and don't forget the importance of building a good lather.

You know you’re going to need a straight razor to get that beard off every year
Might as well start now.
Ha. I used clippers to get it reasonable and then #44 RFB to tame it a few days later. Honestly, I'm kind of interested in trying a straight razor, but it took me long enough to switch to DE from a mach3/fusion and I'm way too sure i'll kill myself the first time I use it. I also like being able to throw a new blade in and not worrying about strop/hone.

On a side note - I complete forgot how much faster/darker my facial hair comes in than my head hair.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Ha. I used clippers to get it reasonable and then #44 RFB to tame it a few days later. Honestly, I'm kind of interested in trying a straight razor, but it took me long enough to switch to DE from a mach3/fusion and I'm way too sure i'll kill myself the first time I use it. I also like being able to throw a new blade in and not worrying about strop/hone.

On a side note - I complete forgot how much faster/darker my facial hair comes in than my head hair.
Straight razors are much easier and safer than you would think and no more razor burn. Do the DE for a while then start perusing the Straight Shaving boards. You can do it on the cheap too.

Top Bottom