What's new

Newb trying to figure out what adjustable de to buy ?

So in 2000 I was a member . I bought a Gillette adjustable not sure which one I think it was the slim . I lost it like a year ago So I decided to buy another adjustable . Just not sure which adjustable I should get of course i want a used one(new ones are to expensive) . The razor I'm using right now is a Gillette with a silver head and black handle , the shave is not as good as the adjustable .

Welcome to B&B. You might want to check out the bst forum here to see if anyone has something for sale.

Welcome back. There are great vintage options, such as another slim. However, there was a fairly recent post about a clone of the Merkur future clones, Ming Shi 2000s and one other (can't remember the name). It was extremely cheap but had good reviews.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been looking on bst. Nothing as of now I'll keep checking thanks . I'll look into those Ming shi . Switched to de cause the new razors burn my face and plus there way to expensive ! I can shave for a year with what it cost for two months of those cartridges !

Welcome back. There are great vintage options, such as another slim. However, there was a fairly recent post about a clone of the Merkur future clones, Ming Shi 2000s and one other (can't remember the name). It was extremely cheap but had good reviews.
The other brand was Qshave, and they cost under $10 shipped from aliexpress.com.

Ming shi or the qshave which is better? they both look nice . And at a good price . So ull recommend going with one of those or a Gillette adjustable instead ?

Ming shi or the qshave which is better? they both look nice . And at a good price . So ull recommend going with one of those or a Gillette adjustable instead ?
It's really, in my opinion, budget dependent. I really like my Gillette Fatboy, but it was a gift. It is plated brass that will last my lifetime. However, if I were looking to get another adjustable, I would likely go with one of the two clones you are considering, simply because disposable funds are limited with kids in college.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd go with the fatboy. Look at antique stores and flea markets. I bought mine for $6.00 at a local antique store. Be patient deals are out there. Look and look some more.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I only have two DE razors... both gold plated. An adjustable Executive and an adjustable Aristocrat. Both are excellent and both glide over my face better than their non goldplated twins, the Fatboy and the Slim. Or maybe I just like gold, and it is all in my head. But really, I think any Gillette adjustable is just the bee's knees.

Hi, welcome to B&B
I recommend the Mingshi 2000S Adjustable
I liked the performance so much that I decided to sell my Ideal and Wizamet W-11 Adjustables on eBay

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself more fully.

Get another Slim. Best adjustable bang for the buck, IMHO.

I can't post in the bst yet . Anyone recommend any other ways to buy one or find a seller . I keep looking threw bst but every Gillette adjustable I look for has been sold . I'm going to stick to a Gillette adjustable . I'm willing to buy any of them . The first one I find I'll get . Now I just have to wait . Fat boy or the slim , I also saw a black beauty ..... what adjustable do ull recommend from Gillette ?

IMG_3074.JPG This is what I am currently using .

Top Bottom