What's new

Newb check-in

Hello,

Just a quick note to check in with the community.

I'm a long time shaver and lurker in these forums and finally joined in order to 1) post something I thought might be useful and 2) officially say 'thanks!' to all the awesome peeps in here who have saved me from a life of canned goo and awful razors.

Little bout me, eh? K, well.. 48 yo, married w/son, reside in beautiful Pac NW USA but family roots in the Mid-Atlantic states. US Army vet and rabid soccer fan.

As for the shave routine, very simple these days. After years and years of endless fiddling I have arrived at the following:

1- wash face w/glycerin soap and cool water
2- light rinse and lather w/Proraso Wood & Spice
3- load up Astra SP in Razorock Mentor
4- shave one pass w/grain
5- rinse and touch-up
6- apply thin layer of unscented lotion and a shot of Wood & Spice cologne
7- get on with the day :001_cool:

Once again, massive kudos to all who have shared their experience and expertise on this forum. Could never have solved my many face/shave challenges without you and I am forever grateful!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in and sharing your story with us.

Hello,

Just a quick note to check in with the community.

I'm a long time shaver and lurker in these forums and finally joined in order to 1) post something I thought might be useful and 2) officially say 'thanks!' to all the awesome peeps in here who have saved me from a life of canned goo and awful razors.

Little bout me, eh? K, well.. 48 yo, married w/son, reside in beautiful Pac NW USA but family roots in the Mid-Atlantic states. US Army vet and rabid soccer fan.

As for the shave routine, very simple these days. After years and years of endless fiddling I have arrived at the following:

1- wash face w/glycerin soap and cool water
2- light rinse and lather w/Proraso Wood & Spice
3- load up Astra SP in Razorock Mentor
4- shave one pass w/grain
5- rinse and touch-up
6- apply thin layer of unscented lotion and a shot of Wood & Spice cologne
7- get on with the day :001_cool:

Once again, massive kudos to all who have shared their experience and expertise on this forum. Could never have solved my many face/shave challenges without you and I am forever grateful!

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. That is great you have a setup that works really well for you.

Thx very much! Yeah, it's been a long road to this point. Years of experimenting. Issues w/acne, ingrowns, etc. Always looking for the 'best' blade, razor, soap. Probably changing too many variables at once. Once I finally slowed my roll and really gave myself time to get used to one product at a time the 'best' stuff just kinda presented itself. Cheers!

Welcome sir! Did I read that correctly--just one pass?

I suppose I could do that, but I just wouldn't feel properly shaved if I did. Great for you if it works for ya!

Top Bottom