What's new

New YouTube How-To Video on Melting Soap

I imagine you could give this method a try, as microwaving would most certainly ruin non-glycerin based soaps. Though, melting may take longer, doing so over boiling water should keep the soap from burning and being reduced.

Does this work for all soaps or is it limited to glycerin-based soaps?

Not that any of you need help with melting a shaving soap puck into a bowl, but we get good amount of viewers searching for a how-to help guide. I decided to make a video for it. Give it thumbs up, if you like the video. Thanks for your support!

How to Melt Shaving Soap Refill Puck into a Bowl Using Stovetop and Boiling Water

Omar
How long should this process reasonably take? I am trying it with a puck of Williams and have been at it for twenty minutes or so. So far the puck hasn't budged and has just been rattling around the pan in the bowl.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
How long should this process reasonably take? I am trying it with a puck of Williams and have been at it for twenty minutes or so. So far the puck hasn't budged and has just been rattling around the pan in the bowl.
Williams won't melt, you'll just burn it.

Williams won't melt, you'll just burn it.

George is right, but, it turns out you can still fit it into your own mug or bowl by milling it. Please see this post How to Mill any soap into a container ~ Photo Tutorial

Top Bottom