What's new

New York Shaving Comany's Lemon Cream

Just wondering if anyone has tried the NYSC's Lemon Cream. If anyone has, how is the performance and pureness of the Lemon scent?
For a "benchmark" some of my favorite creams are:
T&H Asply or Trafalgar
SJOL Sandalood & Begamot & Mandarin & Patchouli
CF Lime
SC Hesperide
CC 45th Parallel
Any input is appreciated before I commit to either the 2oz or 4oz tub of the Lemon Cream; or just skip it.
Mikey

Hi Mikey.! It looks like a Top Notch cream but, the scent is subtle from the reviews on Amazon. Youtube has a video of the shop & owner that is interesting. I'm stocked with Maca Root & Biotigue shave creams or else I would try it myself.

Hi Mikey.! It looks like a Top Notch cream but, the scent is subtle from the reviews on Amazon. Youtube has a video of the shop & owner that is interesting. I'm stocked with Maca Root & Biotigue shave creams or else I would try it myself.
I'm in the same boat with creams and soaps. It's not like I need yet another cream (or soap) I'm so overstocked, but the lemon caught my eye.
My 3 favorite citrus scents are:
Mickey Lee's Paradise Frost (pink grapefruit & light menthol (soft soap)
Maggards Orange Menthol, also very light menthol (soft soap); (Son Of Zeus doesn't compare to the Maggards)
Castle Forbes Lime cream (what's not to like with this one!)
All I'm missing is the lemon (tried a sample of B&M Limon and didn't like it.)
Not a citrus but Razorock's XXX really soft soap blew me away! Try it if you haven't.
Anyway. thanks for the info. I'll check out the review and the YouTube.

Mikey

Be sure to give us a review Mikey.! It has got positive reviews on Amazon & if I did not have Maca Root & Biotique creams already I would order some myself. The Biotique really cut down to zero on my zit problem I get with other products so, I must be allergic to some soaps I guess.?

Be sure to give us a review Mikey.! It has got positive reviews on Amazon & if I did not have Maca Root & Biotique creams already I would order some myself. The Biotique really cut down to zero on my zit problem I get with other products so, I must be allergic to some soaps I guess.?
Will do.

I just used the NYSC Lemon cream. Here's what I find:
1. Texture: Medium soft cream, very white in color.
2. Scent: Not a strong lemon scent either in the tub or lathering. Quite understated compared to CF Lime.
3. Lather: Used a small amount in my bowl (amount the size of a small grape). Bowl lathered with a damp silvertip brush and did not need to add but a few drops of water. Lather was rich and thick in the bowl. The lather produced was more than enough for three passes and touch up.
4. Slickness: Lather was nice and slick and did not dry out during any of the three passes.
5. Post Shave: Lather rinsed off easily and I felt no irritation from the shave.
6. Overall: This is a good lather and gives a nice shave. Overall I'm pleased with the performance, but not with the strength of the scent. I may try some of the other scents at a later time, but I will not re-order the Lemon.
Hardware: 1948 Gillette Aristocrat, GSB blade, Omega 6214 Silvertip, Captain's Choice lathering bowl.

Mikey

Thanks Mikey.! I really don't care much for scent in soaps or creams but, I am going to put this on my list to try.
It will work for you then. It is a good cream. I may try the Brooklyn or Elizabeth St. as some future point. Right now I am overloaded with creams & soaps.
Mikey

It will work for you then. It is a good cream. I may try the Brooklyn or Elizabeth St. as some future point. Right now I am overloaded with creams & soaps.
Mikey
Keep in mind the price points. $14 for 2oz vs $20 for 4oz. Would be nice if the 2oz was 1/2 the price of the 4oz.
Mikey

Yipes that is very pricey.! I guess I will stick with Maca Root & Biotique creams. Both provide good cushion & plenty of slickness for me. Thanks for the info.!

If I had to pick my top, somewhat pricey, creams they would be
Truefitt & Hill - Aspley, Trafalgar
St James Of London - Sandalwood & Begamot, Black Pepper & Lime
Castle Forbes - Lime
Crabtree & Evellyn - Moroccan Myrrh (hard to find in a tub anymore, bidding sites nay have it, though)

Less Pricey with great performance & scent, would be Captain's Choice 45th Parallel, Bay Rum
Stone Cottage Hesperide, Almond Flower, & Cedre Noir,
The Body Shop - Maca Root
Mikey

Mikey, for a great performing lemon cream, have you ever tried Art of Shaving? I have two other scents and they are excellent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mikey, for a great performing lemon cream, have you ever tried Art of Shaving? I have two other scents and they are excellent.

No, I have not tried the AoS Lemon. I have the AoS Sandalwood.
I wonder if AoS has samples? What two scents do you have?
Mikey

No, I have not tried the AoS Lemon. I have the AoS Sandalwood.
I wonder if AoS has samples? What two scents do you have?
Mikey
I have the AOS Sandalwood and Ocean Kelp and they're two of my favorite scents in shaving.

I've heard the staff at AOS stores will pack up samples if you ask but I haven't tried that myself. You're welcome to sample either of mine any time, just shoot me a PM.

Mikey, thanks for the info.! I might add Stone Cottage to my list as its something I would like to try.
Great cream at a nice price.
3oz for $10; 6oz for $18; Samples are 0.4 oz and you pick 5 of their 15 samples for $10. Each sample will yield 5-6 shaves. There is a nice write up for each of their scents. Pick the ones that interest you the most.
You don't have to use a lot a cream to get a great lather, so it will last a long time.
Mikey

Top Bottom