What's new

New Years shaving resolutions

1. Learn how to shave with a straight razor.

2. Get my holy grail DE razor.

3. Buy a really good synthetic brush

4. Kill some soap I didn’t like.

5. Find my “top tier“ blades.

6. Convert more people to wet shaving.

7. Try more classic products, such as Tabac.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
1. Learn how to shave with a straight razor.

2. Get my holy grail DE razor.

3. Buy a really good synthetic brush

4. Kill some soap I didn’t like.

5. Find my “top tier“ blades.

6. Convert more people to wet shaving.

7. Try more classic products, such as Tabac.
Once you receive your PIF, you won't have to worry about 2 or 5 and you can introduce more people to wet shaving by giving your DE razors away 😁.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I went “minimalist” a few years ago and couldn’t be happier. I gave away all my DE’s. I never really got into soaps and use ARKO 95% of the time. Aftershaves I use are OS, Clubman and VIBR. I do have an excessive number of straight razors but haven’t purchased another for three years. No New Year resolution regarding shaving.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:c2: Going to reach deep in the collection and bust a move more often. A different razor each week seems reasonable.

I'd fallen into a Timeless rut. Titanium is indeed gawd's metal, and the Slim is about perfect. So much so, I'm ignoring four boxes/eight years worth of razor collecting. No more!

Shaving this week with a Gillette New Improved. Forget if it's 13mm or 15mm, but it is one close shaver. Handle is a brass spring punch from Harbor Freight that I drilled/tapped with a 10/32.

Your technique changes, though you don't realize it. Adaption such as adding pressure when using a mild shaver, etc. Time to rediscover these vintage beauties.

AA

Mine isn't a resolution, it's to continue enjoying my shaves. I'm past experimenting & purchasing stuff every week. I know what gives me a great shave & I enjoy giving myself a great shave. So my resolution is to keep on keeping on!

As the new year comes around one normally makes a bunch of unrealistic plans of how they shall improve themselves in the new year...I am curious as to what are your new years (shaving) resolutions?... mine are to make less unecessary purchaces and to cut the fat. Or in other words get rid of those purchaces that do not give me joy to use.
Shave more often. Seriously. Since the beginning of the Covid pandemic, I've been lazy about shaving. Using a trimmer to cut down growth isn't the same. When I finally shave, it's not as clean of a shave and I'm more likely to nick myself.

I'm going to do my best to make it through the GRUYERE this year. I was out in Feb last year....lol.

I also want to organize all my gear....blades, brushes, razors, soaps, aftershaves, etc. Everything is all cluttered up at them moment. I'm sure I have some things I've forgotten about.

Also going to pair down my gear. I've sold a bunch of razors, but still need to part with a a few more. Have tons of soaps/creams that I never use. Also have a few aftershaves that need to find new homes as well as brushes. Way too many blades as well. We'll see how it goes.

I'd like to get to a point where I have 5 DE and 3 SE razors, 4 or 5 different blades, 4-5 soaps and aftershaves and 4-5 brushes. If I can do this, then I'll feel like I'm where I want to be in regards to my wet shaving den.

My only goal is to use up more software than I acquire! I’ve got three soaps on the ropes right now! So I should be in good shape!

Got a couple new razors in recently that I want to make a decision on at some point this year!

Happy New Year y’all! 😃🤙

Top Bottom