What's new

New Yaqi Synthetic Brushes

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Can you please elaborate your experience and what is the plus point of the 5th generation synthetic brushes?
Franks shaving has the G5 knots I believe, you will get all kinds of preferences about G4 knots being better or just as good(confusing). Really> Yaqi synthetics are some of the best IMO.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is my latest Yaqi synthetic brush(Atlantis) I purchase a little time ago.(2months?)
I find this brush interesting in appearance and performance, if you like back bone with soft tips this one will be a good one. I think it will give a Tuxedo knot a run for its money for backbone. Yaqi Tuxedo knots are one of my favorites to use and have 3 different variants.
Unboxing of  Yaqi Atlantis 24mm sythetic shave brush.jpg
Yaqi #1 Atlantis 24 mm brush.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
This is my latest Yaqi synthetic brush(Atlantis) I purchase a little time ago.(2months?)
I find this brush interesting in appearance and performance, if you like back bone with soft tips this one will be a good one. I think it will give a Tuxedo knot a run for its money for backbone. Yaqi Tuxedo knots are one of my favorites to use and have 3 different variants.

I just got one of these in the mail yesterday. Generally, I'm not a synth fan (prefer silvertip badgers), but upon my first try this morning, it worked great. Very impressed. The handle is very heavy for a brush, otherwise great.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
View attachment 1272565 View attachment 1272566
Have some great shaves!
Nice!

I have a Yaqi HM silver tip 24 mm and its nice, Their 2 band badgers are similar or could even be better to some folks. Shaving is very opiniated when it comes to shaving gear I have noticed, nothing wrong with that either.
You are very right...all the YMMV factors. Similar to you, I have enjoyed all my Aliexpress brushes tremendously (and very budget-friendly). I don't need more, but I could get a good brush for a fraction of the original cost, so I am looking to next week again.😆

Can you please elaborate your experience and what is the plus point of the 5th generation synthetic brushes?

The G5 has clearly gone in a new direction than past iterations. It has medium backbone and takes light pressure to initiate splay and very little to maintain it. G5 has slightly larger fibers slightly less densely packed that have a much slower taper so that lateral pressure makes it feel like the entire fiber is bending up and down it's length. Looks like longer lofts will work well with the G5. While still quite soft, the G5 isn't as soft as the G4 and other synths, and is the first synthetic I've tried with some light skritch. I can almost feel each individual fiber, unlike the G4. Not everybody will like this, but I actually do. Synthetics have become almost too soft and the G5 sacrifices some of that softness for a...how to describe it....a crispier feeling as if the fibers are made from very hard slippers plastic fibers that somehow still bend. it's very different from other synthetics and something about it reminds me of natural hair. It even sounds different. Interesting brush that I anticipate will not only divide the community, but those who like it will LOVE it and those that don't like it will hate it. This of course is speculation on my part.

*note* The first time I lathered the G5 some of the dye ran and I had light pink lather, but hasn't happened since then.

Please give a full review. It’s in my shopping cart and I’m just waiting to hear some more reviews.
It will be a good 4-6 weeks before it arrives from China but I will certainly review.
I kept 2 Yaqi Synths a Rainbow Pony that I really enjoy from time to time and a Lucky dice Tuxedo. That one more for the handle then the knot.
Furthermore a Trafalgar T3 that I’m still undecided upon on but everyone else finds great and the cheapest S-Brush from Omega that is my designated travel brush. It works better than all the above for me and was like EUR 4.50

Top Bottom