What's new

New Yaqi synth, codename "Atlantis"

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
BOTD, Sat, April 24th, 2021

Brush: Yaqi Atlantis(Theme series?) 24 mm(new, 1st use), Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + good lather painter. Nice handle ergonomics with some back bone closer to a Tuxedo knot IMO.
(Took a little longer than normal to arrive to Canada!)
DE SOTD, Sat, April 24th 2021.jpg

Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm brush.jpg
Unboxing of  Yaqi Atlantis 24mm sythetic shave brush.jpg

I'm a Yaqi Fan! Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BOTD, Sat, April 24th, 2021

Brush: Yaqi Atlantis(Theme series?) 24 mm(new, 1st use), Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + good lather painter. Nice handle ergonomics with some back bone closer to a Tuxedo knot IMO.
(Took a little longer than normal to arrive to Canada!)
DE SOTD, Sat, April 24th 2021.jpg

Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm brush.jpg
View attachment 1256328
I'm a Yaqi Fan! Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Great photography!

Love it, want one!

AA

Great photography!

Love it, want one!

AA

And who doesn't! But now i have too many Yaqis... Ah, i remember the good old days, when Yaqi was still little known, when you could buy any of their synthetics on sales for 5-7 euros! :001_tt1: Now they sell for 20... Well, why not...Now everyone knows them...

And who doesn't! But now i have too many Yaqis... Ah, i remember the good old days, when Yaqi was still little known, when you could buy any of their synthetics on sales for 5-7 euros! :001_tt1: Now they sell for 20... Well, why not...Now everyone knows them...

They still regularly have several 'Defect handle' brushes on sale at $7 each (I've just checked and there are at least 24 different ones currently available). I have three and have yet to find anything wrong with them.

They still regularly have several 'Defect handle' brushes on sale at $7 each (I've just checked and there are at least 24 different ones currently available). I have three and have yet to find anything wrong with them.

I did wonder what the defect was about... Thank you for the suggestion, sir, but in the meantime i have bought, many, many Yaqis all the same. I am completely Yaqified! Yaqis are for me, what Simpson are for most other members here. :laugh:

I've recently bought this defective brush from Yaqi/Aliexpress

I emailed Yaqi / Grace and they told me this brush uses the same fibers as the Atlantis. I'm not sure about density, though.

This brush is 24mm x 45mm

The Simpson next to it is a Trafalgar T2.

You can (?) see the defect on the handle.

81A8C85D-0542-4181-AAFE-605D00CED6CA.jpeg

8E827659-9514-4F8E-9A25-AB4844109E27.jpeg

1A349C1B-1730-4475-9745-601589B09FF7.jpeg

I bought this brush back on the 1111 aliexpress sale, I think it was $3 shipped with the additional 1111 sale discount, it was listed as a defective and normally $6

I examined it closely and couldn't find any defect , used it yesterday and its superb, really is like a soft pillow on the face

Could not be happier with it

Top Bottom