What's new

New Yaqi SE in 50mm.

I just watched a Youtube video on a person shaving with the Yaqi Raster V2 and he claims he had a lot blade feel(aggressive). I have the Excalibur V1 and it is a soft mid range or milder mid range IMO. The Excalibur V1 is a perfect daily driver for myself other than a poor start out with some QC issues, My Excalibur V1 seems OK and happy with it. The Raster V3 is a little wider from my understanding.

I'm not sure if this was the thread, but I had posted (as had a few others) of ppl getting replacement V3 raster heads, anyways I had 100% written it off in my mind as my loss, but I got an email this morning from Yaqi Aus saying that V3 heads would be coming in approx 3-4 weeks. So.... *shrug* maybe they will eventually come? Hopefully.

I had to ask them if there was any news and the replied 1 month... I have been trying to get a replacement since March or April and they kept saying soon and then they said there was QC problems when they initially released the V3 and they pulled it and today they said they should hopefully be able to send me a replacement in 1 month so I hope they have worked out all their problems and we can finally get what they promised us.

I find I get really good shaves but the handle (brass) a little too heavy, but only to start with. Any one use both the brass and aluminium handle? If so what's the shave a nd control like?

I got both because I did not know which one I would like. The heads are the same basically with the brass one chrome and the aluminum one matt. I could not see any shave difference in the two heads. I did not like the weight of the brass handle. I do not like heavy razors anyway so I will be selling the brass one. Actually I have been using a wooden handle which I like better.

IMG-4756 (2).JPG

Well I contacted them yet again since they said August and this was their reply this time....

I'm sorry dear, because there was a problem in the modification of the grinding tools, we opened the grinding tools again, so it can only be finished in early September, please wait patiently
Nice day

For those still interested to get an updated version of both the brass and aluminum Yaqi SE razor...it is in stock for now...
The below was a screenshot from the LIVE sale show....at a very good price!
Screenshot_20210909-094503_AliExpress (2).jpg

For those still interested to get an updated version of both the brass and aluminum Yaqi SE razor...it is in stock for now...
The below was a screenshot from the LIVE sale show....at a very good price!
View attachment 1325074
That is a good deal, I just bought the Brass handled one. Hopefully it is as good as my aluminum handle one. I really do not need it but at that price I will take a chance. I like my Excalibur V1, it works and not overly aggressive and enjoyable.

Is there anyone who has seen or owns both the old and new versions of the head ( and can also upload pictures if possible) and is willing to give us some info of how different they are?

Is there anyone who has seen or owns both the old and new versions of the head ( and can also upload pictures if possible) and is willing to give us some info of how different they are?
From the grapevine, They where not happy with proto type V3 was to aggressive and focused on the Excalibur improvements. Sig Solo on youtube got the proto type and did a shave off and found out later that it was experimental. I think this one is the improved Excalibur I'm thinking. No one has V3 so take a chance for $8 or 10 dollars I was thinking when I just purchased the brass handled one.

Ah well...I did not buy any of those since I have the version and more than enough razors...
There were 2 lucky draws with the brass and aluminum up for grab too...obviously, I did not get any... 😆
There was a barber pole 2 band badger brush for US$5 limited to 5 only and I am sure @Ron R snatched 1...😆

Ah well...I did not buy any of those since I have the version and more than enough razors...
There were 2 lucky draws with the brass and aluminum up for grab too...obviously, I did not get any... 😆
There was a barber pole 2 band badger brush for US$5 limited to 5 only and I am sure @Ron R snatched 1...😆
Thanks @Chard52142 for the kind words, I do not have the app you use and instead use _liexpress and pay what ever they figure. I have bought those flash sales off and on and they hard to resist. Looks of lately your into the Straight razors and have some nice ones. I paid 1/3 the price they are where asking months ago for the Excalibur brass handle. I also already have a 2band 24mm. badger barber pole(very nice brush and paid more than $5 US for mine)
PM me the App if possible.

Where did you get those prices? I paid almost $30 for my brass AC razor. I just looked on ailexpress and they are still almost $30. Thanks
They had a flash sale last night. Yaqi contacted me and they supposedly sent out one of the razors as a replacement for my damaged one before they started the sale..

Thanks @Chard52142 for the kind words, I do not have the app you use and instead use _liexpress and pay what ever they figure. I have bought those flash sales off and on and they hard to resist. Looks of lately your into the Straight razors and have some nice ones. I paid 1/3 the price they are where asking months ago for the Excalibur brass handle. I also already have a 2band 24mm. badger barber pole(very nice brush and paid more than $5 US for mine)
PM me the App if possible.
You're welcome! You can download the App from the Aliexpress site itself. Here it is...
The LIVE sale is indeed a great place to pickup some bargain stuff...
1631199182215.png

Where did you get those prices? I paid almost $30 for my brass AC razor. I just looked on ailexpress and they are still almost $30. Thanks
You need to download the app on your mobile and attend Yaqi LIVE sale show from the feed>LIVE. The schedule changed from Wednesday evening to Thu 0900am Beijing time...

Top Bottom