What's new

New Yaqi Ferrari Synthetic Horse Tail Brush

Has anyone tried this brush?
I wonder how it compares to the Mew knot. I'm not a fan of the mew knot since it's so soft that I can't feel anything on my face when face lathering.
Here's a video review for those who may be interested:

I wonder how it compares to the Mew knot. I'm not a fan of the mew knot since it's so soft that I can't feel anything on my face when face lathering.

I received mine yesterday and will use it tomorrow and compare it to the mew knot.

Just based on inspection, this brush and the cashmere with the same handle look like they'll be killer brushes because they have small glue bumps and set a bit lower so I suspect they'll have good density and backbone, along with decent splay.

Will report back tomorrow.

I received mine yesterday and will use it tomorrow and compare it to the mew knot.

Just based on inspection, this brush and the cashmere with the same handle look like they'll be killer brushes because they have small glue bumps and set a bit lower so I suspect they'll have good density and backbone, along with decent splay.

Will report back tomorrow.
Great!

Is it the same knot as in the Yaqi Rainbow Brown brush? If so, it is a great knot. It's been my favorite for the last several months, although to be fair I am also very fond of the mew brown knot from Yaqi, so we may not see eye to eye about shaving brushes.

Is it the same knot as in the Yaqi Rainbow Brown brush? If so, it is a great knot. It's been my favorite for the last several months, although to be fair I am also very fond of the mew brown knot from Yaqi, so we may not see eye to eye about shaving brushes.

It is the same knot but the rainbow is 26mm and the new Ferrari is 24mm and also set a little differently.

I agree about the rainbow though, wonderful knot in a fun handle!

Ok, I used the brush today and just as I had suspected from my inspection, it is awesome!

It's not as soft as the mew (which feels like a feather on the safe).
Being a synthetic, it's of course soft but relative to mew, the mew is softer, along the lines of cashmere.

The splay is wonderful and the density is perfect.

The handle is gorgeous. It's not a pure red, it's what I would describe as when a watermelon goes very dark, it's kind of like that...just brilliant!

I'm looking forward to using the cashmere with the same handle. I have a suspicion it'll be the best cashmere brush I have!

proxy.php

Ok, I used the brush today and just as I had suspected from my inspection, it is awesome!

Being a synthetic, it's of course soft but relative to mew, the mew is softer, along the lines of cashmere.

The handle is gorgeous. It's not a pure red, it's what I would describe as when a watermelon goes very dark, it's kind of like that...just brilliant!

I'm looking forward to using the cashmere with the same handle. I have a suspicion it'll be the best cashmere brush I have!

proxy.php
So how does it compare to the Rainbow Brown? You said it's smaller and set "differently" - looking at your picture I'm guessing it's set lower.

Nice review!! Thanks!!

Enjoy the great looking brush! :a14::a14:

So how does it compare to the Rainbow Brown? You said it's smaller and set "differently" - looking at your picture I'm guessing it's set lower.

Yes, it's set lower so has a bit more backbone than the rainbow and a little less splay. Overall, I prefer the Ferrari to the rainbow but honestly, the difference is not huge.

Nice review!! Thanks!!

Enjoy the great looking brush! :a14::a14:

Thanks mate!

It is not a Yaqi horse synthetic but it is a Turnnshave 26mm fan horse synthetic. I am sure they are very similar, as most synthetics that are the same color are. I have only used mine once to shave and hand lathered twice but I can say with certainty that it is wonderfully soft, maybe the softest. I set it myself in a Prometheus handle at 55 or 56 mm loft. It has just a tad more backbone than the turnnshave angle knot. If you like soft I think you will like this knot a lot.
20190419_224813.jpg

Happy shaves
SMURF

@nav

Did you try the cashmere brush yet? Let us know !

I sure did...

It's my favorite cashmere from the 4 that I have.

The way these two new Ferrari brushes are configured (knot set deeper, so lower loft for good backbone and minimal glue bump so very nice splay...Which is the perfect combination for a synthetic brush) have dropped them right alongside my absolute favorite synthetic brushes!

The other cashmere brushes I have are Yaqi 28mm, Yaqi 24mm and TurnNshave 25mm fan shape.

Top Bottom