What's new

New Yaqi Adjustable -REVIEW

Isn't that the razor they screwed that US or Canadian company over and stole the design? Can't remember the name on top of my head.

Isn't that the razor they screwed that US or Canadian company over and stole the design? Can't remember the name on top of my head.
That's the one! The folks over at Heritage Collection (the ones that make replica old time brush handles) was working on a replica Gibbs that can take regular blades. They were working with someone who was going to make the razors for them and that someone went to Yaqi to ask if they could make them for them. Yaqi just took the design up until that point and ran with it. Some folks feel that this is outright stealing and others say that the original project was copying an existing design anyway (like the REX Ambassador).

Heritage Collection Shaving was to have had produced a Gibbs inspired replica that would use the standard blade solution of the Palmera for the design. Although they didn’t “create” the design, they were trying to bring it to fruition via an overseas manufacturer. The middle man overseas worked with Yaqi to make it. While working on the final prototype, all of the sudden, everyone stopped answering HCS’s phone calls. It appears Yaqi basically decided to take it and market it themselves with one of their baseplates (Resembles a modified _89 to me) and a different knurling on the handle.

Heritage Collection Shaving informed me they found a new manufacturer. Pics of their version are on their website, Twitter and elsewhere.

109350374_10220812505041374_3661404373114379624_o.jpg

109583893_10220812507201428_2534439269890708996_o.jpg

109726377_10220812506721416_9190240336837666171_o.jpg

I'm going to do a review in Spanish with a video, since I don't know English.

What does it feel like compared to other adjustable razors that we would describe as "giants" (Rex Ambassador, Gillette Slim Adjustable, Merkur Futur, Parker Variant, Merkur Progress, Rockwell 6C)? Can someone that have used this razor give us a little comparison between them? If there's not much difference I think I might buy Yaqi Adjustable

Top Bottom