What's new

New Wolfman WR1 .94 OC

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
The postman delivered another package from Canada yesterday, courtesy of Wolfman Razors. A standard polished WR1 .94 OC (head only).

During my inaugural shave this morning, lightening struck and thunder roared — literally. I lost electricity for about a minute, just as I was going AGT during pass number three. And in the dark of my bathroom this Wolf delivered a sensational three-pass shave. A Western Pennsylvania thunderstorm provided a poetic backdrop for the M&M Green Man soap.

I typically shave with a very steep angle, and combined with a fresh Feather blade, this Wolfman was incredible. Negligible blade feel — much like my WR2 1.25 — but it was more nimble than its sibling. It’s too soon to tell whether it delivered a more efficient shave than the SB 1.25; tomorrow morning will come soon enough.

I don’t own any of the Wolfman handles — just the heads — but my Blackbird 101mm handle has become my absolute favorite for daily use. My den has shrunk significantly, and now contains only the following:
Wolfman WR1 .94 OC
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blackbird w/ SB and OC plates
Timeless Ti .95 OC
Gillette Goodwill #160
British #15 (1st Gen OC)

Seven companions for my morning (or evening) routine might seem like a modest number, and for some of my B&B friends, that would be shave den poverty. But after acquiring well over 100 razors, both modern and vintage, I am very happy to be in a place of contentment. Each of these razors has made my cut (and we all have our cut), and other than, perhaps, a Stirling Razor (I’m a big fan of Rod and Mandy), my days of buying razors has happily ended.

759BC9C7-06E2-4E75-9B29-5D703DF260EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Really happy for you, Dan!!! And I aspire to reach that "place of contentment" one day.

Enjoy your shaves, my friend....I know you will.

To the man (that would be you Dan) who guided me to many excellent razors, it is no surprise to me that you have settled on a small number of truly great razors. Some old, some new. Nice. Congrats on the moment of clarity.

Hannah's Dad

To the man (that would be you Dan) who guided me to many excellent razors, it is no surprise to me that you have settled on a small number of truly great razors. Some old, some new. Nice. Congrats on the moment of clarity.
Thank you, Tom. Your journey has helped me greatly as well.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The postman delivered another package from Canada yesterday, courtesy of Wolfman Razors. A standard polished WR1 .94 OC (head only).

During my inaugural shave this morning, lightening struck and thunder roared — literally. I lost electricity for about a minute, just as I was going AGT during pass number three. And in the dark of my bathroom this Wolf delivered a sensational three-pass shave. A Western Pennsylvania thunderstorm provided a poetic backdrop for the M&M Green Man soap.

I typically shave with a very steep angle, and combined with a fresh Feather blade, this Wolfman was incredible. Negligible blade feel — much like my WR2 1.25 — but it was more nimble than its sibling. It’s too soon to tell whether it delivered a more efficient shave than the SB 1.25; tomorrow morning will come soon enough.

I don’t own any of the Wolfman handles — just the heads — but my Blackbird 101mm handle has become my absolute favorite for daily use. My den has shrunk significantly, and now contains only the following:
Wolfman WR1 .94 OC
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB
Blackbird w/ SB and OC plates
Timeless Ti .95 OC
Gillette Goodwill #160
British #15 (1st Gen OC)

Seven companions for my morning (or evening) routine might seem like a modest number, and for some of my B&B friends, that would be shave den poverty. But after acquiring well over 100 razors, both modern and vintage, I am very happy to be in a place of contentment. Each of these razors has made my cut (and we all have our cut), and other than, perhaps, a Stirling Razor (I’m a big fan of Rod and Mandy), my days of buying razors has happily ended.

View attachment 1026478
Congratulations My Friend I am happy for you.
Think of all the money you have saved not having to buy carts anymore. :)
I have a the Stirling Razor in my sites as well.

What a great review, Dan, thanks for sharing! - Though I will not be able to follow in your footsteps I am truly impressed by your journey of trying out many many razors and then being able to actually dial it down again to so few.

I may need to try a Wolfman before I die but for now I need to stick with the oldies. Actually I have a Goodwill #160 inbound tonight(!) based on your glowing reviews. I am sure I will love it!

Thanks again - and please remain active in here even if you have found your personal Nirvana!

Hannah's Dad

Congratulations My Friend I am happy for you.
Think of all the money you have saved not having to buy carts anymore. :)
I have a the Stirling Razor in my sites as well.
Haha ... saving money ... that was part of my rationale for starting ‘to shave like my grandfather’ in the first place. Then I joined B&B.

Hannah's Dad

What a great review, Dan, thanks for sharing! - Though I will not be able to follow in your footsteps I am truly impressed by your journey of trying out many many razors and then being able to actually dial it down again to so few.

I may need to try a Wolfman before I die but for now I need to stick with the oldies. Actually I have a Goodwill #160 inbound tonight(!) based on your glowing reviews. I am sure I will love it!

Thanks again - and please remain active in here even if you have found your personal Nirvana!
Of course, Peter! I won’t let you enjoy all the fun. Let us know how you like ‘my Precious’ #160!

Excellent news, Dan. I recently acquired a 94OC as well. I agree with your thoughts. While the initial (first pass) blade feel may be similar, the 125 pretty much disappears on second pass, at least for me.

A 94 and a 125 is a dynamic duo. From there, all you really need is a couple of different shims. I'm tuned in to follow your shim journey as well. I seriously think I could keep the same two razors...and part with the rest. I'm that sold on shims.

Thanks for the review, Dan. Also interested in the comparison of the WR1 to the WR2, as I may be selecting one or the other in the near future.

What happened to your Wolfman handle?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
...saving money ... that was part of my rationale for starting ‘to shave like my grandfather’ in the first place. Then I joined B&B.

Funny how that happens, ain't it? Me, too.

As I count on my fingers I know I could instantly grab the one razor that I would use the rest of my life, if the need arose. I'm beginning to develop an aversion to clutter, which is causing me to look at the (relatively few) razors I have with a somewhat critical eye.

I also have my Top Two, Top Four, and Top Four Plus Some Other Interesting Ones -- and amazingly enough there are a couple I'd cheerfully leave for the next tenant.

I'll be sending a couple or three to my son -- not so much because he's really into the hobby but more so because they'll not be cluttering up MY shave cave. [shrug] I promised him I'd buy him a Feather "straight" but I also suggested he learn on a little safer style first.

O.H.

congratulations on your razors, you have a very nice selection there.

how does your Timeless compare to both the wolfman's?

Hannah's Dad

Excellent news, Dan. I recently acquired a 94OC as well. I agree with your thoughts. While the initial (first pass) blade feel may be similar, the 125 pretty much disappears on second pass, at least for me.

A 94 and a 125 is a dynamic duo. From there, all you really need is a couple of different shims. I'm tuned in to follow your shim journey as well. I seriously think I could keep the same two razors...and part with the rest. I'm that sold on shims.
Thanks, James. You are a huge reason my den has become what it is. Thanks for your sage wisdom and boundless generosity.

Hannah's Dad

congratulations on your razors, you have a very nice selection there.

how does your Timeless compare to both the wolfman's?
Thank you! The Titanium razor is much lighter and has no blade feel. I enjoy it very much as a contrast with the Bird and Wolf. It is also very efficient — though less so than the Wolfmen.

Hannah's Dad

Thanks for the review, Dan. Also interested in the comparison of the WR1 to the WR2, as I may be selecting one or the other in the near future.

What happened to your Wolfman handle?
I’ll try and do a shave-off with the WR1 and WR2. And I sold my WRH7 handle (for cost), because I didn’t like it enough to keep.

Top Bottom