What's new

New Wilkinson Sword Razor Users?

I have one New Wilkinson Sword razor on the way for the sake of collecting and shaving. It looks like a normal TTO razor but I'm wondering how it shaves. I'm hoping that it shaves better than my VDH razor... Anyways, how has your experience been with this NEW AMAZING MIND BLOWING razor (as it was advertised before releasing)? It's probably on the average side to be honest.

I’m mostly a straight razor user, but I saw one for sale in my local pharmacy so I had to buy it to support the wetshaving world.

It’s a nice razor, no complaints from it here (I’ve used it maybe 5 times though)
EF715AA0-5236-409F-BEBB-040D0258C167.jpeg

Ah, that thing, which I used earlier in the year. A rebranded Chinese razor, I think.

It is OK, but mild. A whole lot too mild, for my face.

I find myself unconvinced by TTOs in general.

I’m mostly a straight razor user, but I saw one for sale in my local pharmacy so I had to buy it to support the wetshaving world.

It’s a nice razor, no complaints from it here (I’ve used it maybe 5 times though)View attachment 990090
Nice setup you got there. It's got a nice look to it that I'd keep it just to keep it, haha.

Ah, that thing, which I used earlier in the year. A rebranded Chinese razor, I think.

It is OK, but mild. A whole lot too mild, for my face.

I find myself unconvinced by TTOs in general.
I don't mind mild razors so I'll probably like it. If it's mild and smooth, I'll take it. It's when the razor's mild and rough, that gives me trouble.

I grabbed one with scarcely a second thought. But so far, I am a bit disappointed. Granted, I did have near a week worth of stubble. It struggled to cut it. I have only used it the once with a personna. It's a clogger, and one of, if not the most gentle razor I have used. The plating looks reasonable, the handle is long and heavy.
I will at least try it with a wilkinson blade, a 7OB or Feather, and maybe something else really sharp. And maybe just 2 days of growth.

its like the one its replacing you know the old plastic classic that too only liked light stubble but it was a great starting razor as for clogging rinse more often and needs a sharp blade .

I grabbed one with scarcely a second thought. But so far, I am a bit disappointed. Granted, I did have near a week worth of stubble. It struggled to cut it. I have only used it the once with a personna. It's a clogger, and one of, if not the most gentle razor I have used. The plating looks reasonable, the handle is long and heavy.
I will at least try it with a wilkinson blade, a 7OB or Feather, and maybe something else really sharp. And maybe just 2 days of growth.
Tbf most DE's are not great with a week old beard.

Thanks! I don’t use it often but it’s good to grab when I’m lazy and don’t feel like grabbing a razor and stropping. Also the wee scot is one of my favourite brushes, so good for the size.

+1! The Wee one is my travel brush also!! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom