What's new

New Wildwest Brushworks brush

So last year when Derek suffered that tragedy I let him know once he was back making brushes I wanted to be one of his first customers. Well today I got that brush. I gave Derek two colors and left everything else to him. I told him I didn't even want to see it before he sent it. I have to say I couldn't be happier. Both for my brush and that Derek is back making brushes.

20200928_174907.jpg
20200928_174915.jpg

I purchased several brushes from Derek since he reopened. I didn’t plan to, but the handles are beautiful, Derek unequivocally stands behind his brushes and his customer service is second to none.

I purchased several brushes from Derek since he reopened. I didn’t plan to, but the handles are beautiful, Derek unequivocally stands behind his brushes and his customer service is second to none.

He is a great guy and makes an amazing brush.

1601482319685.jpeg

I’m a little embarassed how many of his handles I’ve picked up in the last month. I’ve been patient with making choices and setting them (and sending them out...), but I really enjoyed using one for the first time this morning. I believe this color combo is called “Amethyst.” His standard handle shapes work very well for me.

I own 2 now. I had a third with the timberwolf knot. I'm not a fan of synthetic knots and my nephew loved that brush so I gave the first one I bought to my nephew.

I’ve been watching his etsy shop and his new brushes are sold within hours (often minutes) of being listed.

Two in the past few hours.

Nice.

I’ve been watching his etsy shop and his new brushes are sold within hours (often minutes) of being listed.

Two in the past few hours.

Nice.

They do sell quickly because they are top notch and he is a great guy. If you are thinking about getting one you should. You wont be disappointed.

If you are thinking about getting one you should.

Actually, I have one:

C14CE9A6-D2B3-4404-8F3F-E9FBF38DAD7D.jpeg

F0B6AA07-499E-4593-A84E-7EFF94B07A6A.jpeg

5429BA3E-DAE1-462A-8013-ACFAD6161693.jpeg

But ..... it was the last synthetic knot I plan to buy. I got it a little over a year ago and I have learned I just don’t love synths.

So, while I do like the look of the brush, I almost never use it. Thinking I’ll head over to the BST and put it up for trade.

Didn’t think of that. Good idea.

I'm sure if you ask around you can find someone to change it for you if you need that or some guidance to change it out yourself. The one I had I was going to get it swapped but my nephew loved it and I had gotten another brush from Derek so I gave it to him. And now with this new one I freaking love it. My last one has the SHD 2band knot in it and I'm thinking I may swap that out. I'm not too big of a fan of it. Its packed too dense and is fairly hard to lather at times.

Top Bottom