What's new

New White’s Boots?

13FB3071-6290-49E6-AF57-8C91F426FA7F.jpeg
These are my White’s boots, which I bought four years ago. I wear them a lot, but I’m an urban commuter, working in an office, not a construction site or forest floor. I’ve never polished them, though I brush them (a lot) and apply Obenauf’s from time to time. I’m amazed that they still look virtually new. The quality is unmatched by any other footwear I’ve worn in my 62 years (although Mephisto also creates a great, long-lasting product).

Although I don’t need a second pair, I’ve been thinking about acquiring an identical pair of the same boots (called “Semi Dress”) in the dress brown color. I’ve been out of the White’s Boots loop, however, for four years, and things may have changed. Anyone out there been keeping up with the goings on at White’s? Is the quality still there?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sorry, I can't help you from this neck of the woods but those are mighty fine looking boots.

Sorry, I can't help you from this neck of the woods but those are mighty fine looking boots.

I have a couple of nice pairs of RM Williams boots, from your neighborhood. My older son decided he liked them, so the boots no longer live with me...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
RM Williams make great gear it is just the price that is off putting. I do realize that you pay for quality though.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Get in touch with Kyle at Lowa Gore Tex Boots | Custom Whites Boots | Wild land fire fighting | | Baker's Boots & Clothing
He is the owner there and they have a great relation ship with Whites, just down the street from them.

Kyle will provide you with all the information you need. I have dealt with him several times. I do have a pair of the semi-dress in brown. They are bullet proof and quite heavy.

RM Williams are on my radar screen:)
Very cool store and boots

I do the Dayton Boots thing. Hitting your boots with saddle soap and mink paste/boot oil is always a good idea.

Decided to pull the trigger on a pair of new White's, in dress brown Semi-Dress, from Kyle at Baker's. Including shipping, it cost $.89 more than the new razor I was considering...

Decided to pull the trigger on a pair of new White's, in dress brown Semi-Dress, from Kyle at Baker's. Including shipping, it cost $.89 more than the new razor I was considering...
Those are some beautiful boots. Wow. I can’t wait to see some pictures. Congratulations!

looks good!!! but if your comfortable on these you can go ahead for another one.it looks awesome and comfortable for you than no second thought.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic
They look great what a journey
the leather looks so high quality. Enjoy them!

Fantastic
They look great what a journey
the leather looks so high quality. Enjoy them!

Thanks, Rhody! They really are spectacular. Not cheap, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more comfortable spending more for something that will last forever. If only I’d thought that way when I was younger...

Those are spectacular. Isn’t it funny how good a nice pair of boots can make you feel. Love the welting.

Thanks, Brian. I love White’s. Handmade in Spokane. The last of the Semi-Dress boot is perfect for me. I wish I had bought a couple of pair 40 years ago. I know I’d still be wearing them, and I would have saved a ton of money on boots along the way...

I bought another pair of White's in the spring, but now that it's summer, I wear Teva or Keen sandals everyday. Here' a photo of my newest pair:

SIlfvYdGS7uPaorwa1n8vA.jpg

I miss wearing White's...

What’s the breakin like on Whites? I have a pair Redwing Beckmann’s that I really like but the breakin was about 100 miles - the first 50 spread over a few weeks were rough. Now they fit perfectly and handle snow and ice with ease.

Top Bottom