What's new

New wetshaver with a Merkur 23C

I'm a 32 year old lawyer from just outside of Fort Worth. I came in search of the illusive shave without massive amounts of razor burn and decided to give wet shaving a try.

I have really think facial hair and sensitive skin so I have suffered under a lifetime (well, since puberty) of razor burn and painful shaving experiences. I tried all the cart razors and an electric razor plus all the weird techniques people promised would help. I normally shave with a Fusion proglide once every few days. The five blades did about as good of a job as the mach 3 I started shaving with as a teen but I keep some facial hair so I liked the precision I could get with the single razor on the backside.

Did my first shave with the Merkur tonight. Did almost as good at getting a clean shave on my first attempt and just a slight nick in the moustache area. Almost no razor burn. I used the Fusion around the facial hair and realized how much pressure I had to use to get the razor to actually shave the hairs, which explains all the sensitivity and razor burn. I'm looking forward to getting comfortable enough with the DE razor that I can do my whole face and ditch the Fusion entirely. I'm sure I'll get there in a few weeks.

I'm a 32 year old lawyer from just outside of Fort Worth. I came in search of the illusive shave without massive amounts of razor burn and decided to give wet shaving a try.

I have really think facial hair and sensitive skin so I have suffered under a lifetime (well, since puberty) of razor burn and painful shaving experiences. I tried all the cart razors and an electric razor plus all the weird techniques people promised would help. I normally shave with a Fusion proglide once every few days. The five blades did about as good of a job as the mach 3 I started shaving with as a teen but I keep some facial hair so I liked the precision I could get with the single razor on the backside.

Did my first shave with the Merkur tonight. Did almost as good at getting a clean shave on my first attempt and just a slight nick in the moustache area. Almost no razor burn. I used the Fusion around the facial hair and realized how much pressure I had to use to get the razor to actually shave the hairs, which explains all the sensitivity and razor burn. I'm looking forward to getting comfortable enough with the DE razor that I can do my whole face and ditch the Fusion entirely. I'm sure I'll get there in a few weeks.
Welcome to B&B, am glad your doing good on your shave. I see you dont mention a brush. I can never stress enough how important it is.

Welcome aboard! I was in the sensitive skin group as well. As it turns out, after a few months with good products, a brush, and a de razor, I don't really have sensitive skin. I was just destroying my face with a multi-blade cartridge. Best of luck to you. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Welcome to the B&B. Glad to have you here and that your first shave was a success. Have fun and enjoy!

That is great to hear. I am in a very similar situation and I am picking up my first DE this week. I am hoping to find that I also do not really have dry skin, but maybe have just been scraping off too much of my face with the cartidge.

Welcome to B&B!!!

Glad to hear that you are on your way to better shaves.

Agree, that I would like to know what the rest of your gear is?

Top Bottom