What's new

New Wet Shaver from the UK

Hi all, tried my first DE shave a few weeks ago. Used a very cheap Chinese razor from Amazon which was about £3 delivered, a Palmolive shave stick, a Wilkinson Sword brush and a pack of Tesco razor blades. Despite only spending around £10 to get started, I really enjoyed the experience much more than using a modern razor. It felt like 'me' time, which isn't something I get a lot of! I spent 9 years in the RAF, so I've had plenty of experience with the Mach 3 Face Rake, and I only wish I'd twigged on to DE shaving earlier.

I do not think I will be able to go back to cartridge shaving, and have already taken steps to improve on my somewhat humble (and incredibly cheap) beginnings - a little noodling through ebay earlier and I managed to net this for £5:

$$_57.jpg

I think, after a bit of browsing on here, that this is a Gillette ball end tech, but the photo isn't the best. Really looking forward to receiving it, does anyone have any good recommendations for blades that suit it? I don't have sensitive skin or a particularly coarse beard.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Check out the Veterans Roll-call and the Foxhole Shavers Club in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of the ShaveWiki.

Welcome from Arizona !

I like the Tech razor. It is a mild shaver so I use Feather blades which are real sharp. It's a nice combination after you get used to it.

Welcome to B&B! Blades are very much a YMMV thing, but in a tech I think that Feather, Astra SP or Lord Platinum would work just fine!

Hello and welcome, Flenser. Great to have you here. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Hello and welcome to the forum Flenser. All the blades recommended above are good choices, but I will add Rapira Platinum Lux or Swedish Supersteel to the list. Great blades, and with the Russian economy the way it is, they can be had for a great price.

Top Bottom