What's new

New way to hurt myself

proxy.php

It’s on Amazon, and they are very inexpensive. The two I received were very clean with no impurities.

For me it's actually part of the ritual to use alum after rinsing off the last pass with hot water (to get rid of the soap remains) and after that, splash with cold water and alum thoroughly. I use a Capt. Fawcett block, no sharp edges, very smooth.
It helps to get a feedback as well, but more importantly closes the micro-injuries that might be there whether I feel them or not.

Had a great shave this morning. Proraso pre shave, MDC Rose, Feather razor with Kai Pinks blade. All good - no cuts, weepers, or irritation, close to BBS. Had a small piece of Alum to finish. Didn’t notice the jagged edge on the block - lively little cut from that!
I feel you pain bro.

Two friendly suggestions, based on my own experiences (and science):

1. Proraso pre-shave - total waste, especially if your using top tier soap like MdC

2. DITCH the alum! It's a salt, it dries the skin and can cause severe irritation if you had less than a perfect shave. Unless you have extremely oily skin, I'd skip it altogether, it has ZERO soothing, calming, nurturing properties, quite the opposite actually.

Good luck!

Top Bottom