What's new

New watch day! Been a long time....

I have been wearing either a quartz or a G-shock for years and just felt like getting a nice watch. I haven't had a mechanical watch since the mid-70's. I found a 76 year old fellow selling his barely worn, 10 year old Victorinox, Swiss Army Infantry. The watch was $395 back then and the new Automatic Infantry is about $550 which I can't afford. I sold a nice knife to get this. Something cool about seeing the mechanism work and really cool to see a sweep second hand again!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

that's a very cool band too, the stitching looks nice. I've never seen that style of watch with that type of band but it's a good look

that's a very cool band too, the stitching looks nice. I've never seen that style of watch with that type of band but it's a good look

Thanks. It's a Hirsch Liberty. They go for $36-$40 and are a tank. Feels like a well made belt.

proxy.php

Thanks. It's a Hirsch Liberty. They go for $36-$40 and are a tank. Feels like a well made belt.

proxy.php
Yeah Hirsch makes great stuff. I was looking at one of their Golf straps for one of mine but it was a little pricier than I was wanting to pay. Haven't been able to find a good deal anywhere online

Like it. I say a much more satisfying wrist experience than the G-shock. I understand that the G-shock is a marvel of functionality and durability and I think I'd like to have one "just to have one" but esthetically this Victorinox is much more appealing to me.

Does anyone know what day/date movement is used in this watch?

Amazing watch. I love Swiss Army as well as Wenger and these watches give you the best bang for your buck, not to mention, they have very solid and classic Swiss movements.

Top Bottom