What's new

New Voskhods?

So I get a new 100 pack and the packaging is different than it used to be.
Notice it does not say “Teflon coated” anywhere. Are they the same blade as before or what?

Thanks
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So I get a new 100 pack and the packaging is different than it used to be.
Notice it does not say “Teflon coated” anywhere. Are they the same blade as before or what?

Thanks
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
I've got these exact blades. No teflon coated printed anywhere.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Really every stainless steel DE blade has some teflon coating on it, though it may not be stated on the packaging. The blades would be unpleasant to shave with if it were not there.

Really every stainless steel DE blade has some teflon coating on it, though it may not be stated on the packaging. The blades would be unpleasant to shave with if it were not there.

Yes, I’ve heard that most blades are PTFE/Teflon coated without saying it.
Strange how they used to stamp it everywhere and now they don’t.

I think that these are another type of blades, because of the teflon type blade the writing of the blade itself is "teflon coated". Of yours is "super stainless", like the Astra SP and SS, another coating :)

I think that these are another type of blades, because of the teflon type blade the writing of the blade itself is "teflon coated". Of yours is "super stainless", like the Astra SP and SS, another coating :)

They appear a lot like the Swedish supersteels but say “voskhod” instead of Rapira. They appear genuine, according to rapiras website the blades have the new packaging as well. Perhaps they have just changed the blades packaging.
proxy.php

proxy.php

+1
Every Stainless class blade has Teflon. I am fed up with the comments on the Internet and particularly some online sellers when they claim Stainless in uncoated, unlike platinum or chrome.

Yes, I’ve heard that most blades are PTFE/Teflon coated without saying it.
Strange how they used to stamp it everywhere and now they don’t.
Teflon is a trade name so they may have switched to a generic PTFE coating. I would not be too concerned over the minor printing change.
I find Voskhod similar to the Rapira Super Stainless which are not as good as the Astra SP.

Teflon is a trade name so they may have switched to a generic PTFE coating. I would not be too concerned over the minor printing change.
I find Voskhod similar to the Rapira Super Stainless which are not as good as the Astra SP.

Thanks for the post. I was just curious.
Yes, that’s so far my finding too. My current favorite blades are
1: Astra SP
2: Rapira SS
3: Personna lab blue
And soon to place voskhods after I season them.

IIRC, 4 or 5 years ago, Voskhod blades were carbon steel, not stainless.

If that is correct, the new stainless Voskhods are definitely a big change.

IIRC, 4 or 5 years ago, Voskhod blades were carbon steel, not stainless.

If that is correct, the new stainless Voskhods are definitely a big change.
Not true. They weren't. They were never carbon. Voskhod was first released in the USSR in 1975. Even then it was a stainless steel blade in contrast to many current then carbon brands like Neva. They were in orange wrappers in a pack of 10. Still can be bought in Russia as a vintage item. Later on in late 80s they made a Chrome version.

Thanks for the post. I was just curious.
Yes, that’s so far my finding too. My current favorite blades are
1: Astra SP
2: Rapira SS
3: Personna lab blue
And soon to place voskhods after I season them.
What do you mean by “season them”?

After 2 shave on a voskhod blade I thought I had found a new go to blade over the Astra SP. The 1st shave started a bit rough but smoothed out during the 1st pass. The blade was so smooth and comfortably sharp for the rest of the 1st and 2nd shave, I fell in love with it. With virtually no irritation.
However the 3rd shave started off good but just got rougher and tuggy. I just managed to finish the shave off.
Looks like it my be just a two shave blade for me. Which is a little disappointing as I like blade to go a bit longer, as I get 3-5 smooth shaves off an Astra SP.

After 2 shave on a voskhod blade I thought I had found a new go to blade over the Astra SP. The 1st shave started a bit rough but smoothed out during the 1st pass. The blade was so smooth and comfortably sharp for the rest of the 1st and 2nd shave, I fell in love with it. With virtually no irritation.
However the 3rd shave started off good but just got rougher and tuggy. I just managed to finish the shave off.
Looks like it my be just a two shave blade for me. Which is a little disappointing as I like blade to go a bit longer, as I get 3-5 smooth shaves off an Astra SP.

Tough for me to beat the Astra SPs (a great ‘workhorse’ blade)!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom