What's new

New Video! "Advice From A Master Barber (Part 1)"

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it.
Another reason to go to Vegas...

How would you compare the shave you received from him to one you do in your own bathroom?

Interesting.

would have been ten times better had he killed the crappy 90s pop music, but I guess you can't have everything.

Too bad the barber didn't use a real straight. The shavette is kind of disappointing. Also, what about a brush?

How would you compare the shave you received from him to one you do in your own bathroom?
I actually discuss this at the end of part 2, so "stay tuned" as they say. :lol: Seriously though, it was about the same as I could give myself. For me it was more about the pampering treatment and learning a few new tips.

Mulligan said:
Too bad the barber didn't use a real straight. The shavette is kind of disappointing. Also, what about a brush?
No brush, but the latherizer was modified and he was using T&H Ultimate. The barber told me there were some state regulations that made routine use of a brush difficult but if I had brought my own he would've been happy to use it on me.

Young&Reckless said:
great video just kinda hard to hear everything the barbers saying....you gonna make a summary page on your blog or another video?
Yeah I noticed that too; I'm hoping its because youtube is still processing the HD version and after its posted the audio will improve. It seemed fine in the source file. If it doesn't improve I may re-render the video after I tweak the audio (my video editor has some decent tools for improving audio). Posting a summary on my blog is a good idea and I will definitely do that.

--Mark

Your barber talks with his hands ... with a razor in it!

Another great video! Thanks Mantic.

That's pretty awesome that they have a lather machine that uses good cream instead of canned goop! I'm impressed even if the shavette is a bit lame.

Dam good video once again :thumbup: whens part 2 coming out I can't wait.

One interesting observation He talked about drying out the skin etc. Just a point of view from my wife (A cosmetologist CIDESCA degree and she loves skin) that Wrinkled skin can be dehydrated (but look likes it has the necessary oils) often women over feed there skin and need to rehydrate ( With water or water based products). But dry skin can be low on it's essential oils e.g very cold weather skin drys and chaps but the remedies are oil based to give it back it's nature lost oils ( I had this problem over Christmas in England when it got down to -4F).

So I'm saying when I have razor burn I feed My skin oils it needs to reduce redness and pain, so what he is saying makes sense.

If I create a razor burned area ( by accident of course) or even if I wipe my nose and it becomes sore or my lips chap the best remedies are oil based same for shaving I have found using oil based moisturizer with water.

Thanks Steve O

Hey Mark,
thanks for the video! Watched it today during lunch. +1 on the audio, was a bit hard to hear. Thanks also for answering the AOS question on Twitter!

Aaron

Well done!

I just finished watching the 720p HD version. The audio was still problematic - I wouldn't care to have someone shave me while listening to PIL!

Could be several reasons for using a shavette,
1. Use of a new very sharp blade for each shave and I
don't have to spend time working on keeping razors sharp.
2. Some customers request using a "shavette" or disposable
blade razor because they want a new blade.
3. Some states and even some individual cities have passed
regulations requiring the use of disposable blade razors with
a new blade for each shave.
I give each customer a choice between a straight or a disposable
and most will choose a straight.

Top Bottom