What's new

New Version of Supply Provision Co SE

I participated in a pass-around for the V1 razor and was quite impressed. I went to the website and saw they were taking preorders on the V2 with a 20% discount so I put one in my cart. But I decided I have so many great razors now that I didn't need another one. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, though.

Sounds good - mine finally reached my local PO after my guy left for his route this morning :(

Jeff - I'm curious about the acclaimed Feather blade reference, since I have never hear of Feather making an injector blade. I love their DE's and use the Artist Club format blades, even have some to fit my Autostrop, but not an Injector Feather?

I am thinking it is an injector, because it does inject a blade into some of their Artist Club straight razors. The little nub on the cartridge releases tension on blade in the straight razor and you pull it out, then it injects a fresh blade exactly like a Schick injector.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I am thinking it is an injector, because it does inject a blade into some of their Artist Club straight razors. The little nub on the cartridge releases tension on blade in the straight razor and you pull it out, then it injects a fresh blade exactly like a Schick injector.

Ok, that explains it - I have only had the budget Feather shavettes - the SS versions, not the high end ones, which aren't loaded using the cartridge. The AC format blades are, for me anyway, too long to give as good a shave as the Schick-style blades

I participated in a pass-around for the V1 razor and was quite impressed. I went to the website and saw they were taking preorders on the V2 with a 20% discount so I put one in my cart. But I decided I have so many great razors now that I didn't need another one. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, though.

I have the V1 Supply Provision injector and also wouldn't hesitate to recommend the razor to anyone.

For those interested, I did shave tonight using a twinjector blade in it -- to be precise, a Personna Injector II blade. I was using plate 1 (mild) on the razor.

As I mentioned above in this thread, I had to load the blade manually rather than injecting it, but I had no difficulty whatsoever doing it and it only took maybe an extra 30 seconds.

Having said that, I am not sure why anybody would want to go to the bother of finding twinjector blades and then loading them manually. The shave experience was completely indistinguishable from shaving with a normal single injector blade, except the twin blades get gummed up between the blades and are impossible to rinse clean. I expect the twin blade won't last for nearly as many shaves either, for precisely the same reason. I will continue to use this twinjector blade until it is worn out because I hate waste, but after that, I will go back to standard blades.

Does anybody want to buy some vintage blister-packed Personna Injector II cartridges holding 59 of the original 60 blades?

BTW, I also used my Supply Provision branded synthetic brush and Juniper-scented tallow soap and non-alcoholic post-shave balm tonight. I unreservedly recommend them all. For that matter, I received excellent service from the company when I bought the brush, soap and balm accessory package a few months after getting my razor. Shipping to Canada was prompt and packaging was excellent. I notice the company now offers its soap and balm in a second scent - Barbershop - and I may have to order that for myself too.

(For the record, I bought all these items at full price as an ordinary customer of Supply Provision and have received no consideration of any kind for giving a review.)

Feather used to do injector blades in the 70s. They even did injector razors which are similar to the Gillette one.

I've now had three shaves with the V2 SE and the classic plate along with Supply ' s included blades. While it is taking some time to find precisely the correct angle to get the most effecient shave, I am finding the razor to be a very smooth shaver. It would be difficult to cut one's self in my experience if you are paying attention. While I can get no better than a DFS on the classic plate as yet, I expect to get closer shaves as I improve my technique. Perhaps then I'll decide to use the aggressive plate. Regardless, the razor is very well finished and works exactly as it is designed. Overall, I see the razor as a great purchase for both new and experienced shavers. The comment above suggesting the razor shaves much like a cartridge is spot on in terms of its effortlessness in use. I would recommend the SE to shavers coming out of cartridge shaving into traditional wet shaving.

How do I get the 20% discount? It is currently $75 and $95 on the website.

The shave one gets from any razor is totally subjective. One person's pleasure can be another's poison. But, IMO, this razor gives you as much product for your money, coupon or no, as is available on the market today. I am really impressed with the: appearance, material quality, and fit & finish. The packaging, and communication with customers is also value added.

Happy holidays, Ron I

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Mine arrived yesterday - as good as the one of Michael's I used earlier on the passaround. BTW for the member who asked about the discount, the 20% Pre-Order is over as they are shipping, but there is a 10% offer up if you sign up for their newsletter I noticed

I've had mine for a few days. With a Plus Platinum and aggressive plate it's the best balance of comfort and efficiency of any razor I've used.

Another glorious shave with this razor again last night. I've still only used the 2-dot plate, and have had no reason to change yet. This is fast becoming my favourite razor.

Fourth shave with the V2 SE and Supply blade (3) - this time with the "aggressive" plate. Closest shave for me to date (DFS+) with this razor and I'm still finding it very smooth and comfortable to use. There was a comment above from jmudrick that this is the best razor he's used as a balance of efficiency and comfort. I must agree. I'm honestly surprised to say this, but the SE may be my daily shaver for some time to come. No irritation, no nicks, and a very good shave. The most efficient cutting angle for me is indeed the 5 to 10 degrees recommended by Patrick (the founder). By far, the best $75 I've spent on a razor. It bears repeating that this is a good razor to get your friends on the traditional wet shaving bad wagon. I'm sounding a bit like I own stock in the company, but it truly is a fine razor. Highly recommended.

Fourth shave with the V2 SE and Supply blade (3) - this time with the "aggressive" plate. Closest shave for me to date (DFS+) with this razor and I'm still finding it very smooth and comfortable to use. There was a comment above from jmudrick that this is the best razor he's used as a balance of efficiency and comfort. I must agree. I'm honestly surprised to say this, but the SE may be my daily shaver for some time to come. No irritation, no nicks, and a very good shave. The most efficient cutting angle for me is indeed the 5 to 10 degrees recommended by Patrick (the founder). By far, the best $75 I've spent on a razor. It bears repeating that this is a good razor to get your friends on the traditional wet shaving bad wagon. I'm sounding a bit like I own stock in the company, but it truly is a fine razor. Highly recommended.

This is a great assessment. Personally, I enjoy a more aggressive razor, with the blade feel front and center, but this is my go-to when I need a quick, trouble-free shave.

I have only used a Supply blade included with the razor (which look like a Personna injector blade). I usually use Chinese Schicks, which I'll try next.

Yep, same here. My regular blades are Schicks bought here in Japan. Not sure whether they're Chinese made or domestic, though.

Top Bottom