What's new

New user - Get Supply Razor Thoughts?

@jhermit
Thanks so much for that write-up. It's like I wrote it, you hit the nail on the head. It's exactly how I'm feeling and experience.

I am noticing more about the angle last night it really is hardly even an angle, surprising. You feel the head of the razor sliding along your skin more then I would have thought. Which is fine but again hardly and the angle at all this went well last night still not as close as I would like or what I expected. However, I'm going to give it some more time were rounding the end of week 2 with it.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to write that, knowing I'm not the only one helps.

Once you get the hang of it the razor can deliver BBS shaves. Caution, you are on the edge of a rabbit hole. Those vintage Schicks and Gillette lurk in the shadows.

The supply SE was also my first razor. It is well made, and can give good shaves. The angle is very important on it though. Too steep and you will get bad irritation. I was getting comfortable shaves with it, but not very close. I ended up buying a cheap DE and sampler pack of blades. IMO, having more blades to choose from allow you to find a better blade for your skin. I use the supply razor as my travel razor, but DE's for daily shaving. I am able to get a much closer shave with them. I will try the supply again one day, maybe the Schick blades will work better for me. My issue could have been lather also. Watch some videos on how to properly lather cream/soap. I was lathering too thick, causing the razor to drag.

Top Bottom