What's new

New TV commercial with DE razor

I just saw a commercial today. I was at lunch with coworkers, and it was on a TV across the room, so I didn't hear it or anything. I think it was for HBOs True Blood series. It shows a guy, I suppose it's the series' protagonist or something, shaving with a Fatboy. He winces, then touches his face, and then they show a bead of blood on his finger tip. He licks the blood off his finger. I think that was pretty much the whole commercial. I haven't found it online, just found it interesting because the razor jumped out at me. It was definitely a Gillette Fatboy.

Yup....I saw the commercial about 2 days ago...seeing someone shaving with a DE on a new commercial stopped me in my tracks and caught my attention!

I happened to be with about 10 other people at the time, and of course they didn't notice it at all......then again, they are not one of the "happily afflicted" as we are here! :biggrin:

I wish we had a link to this. I don't know why I have a need to see DEs or straights in the media, but I really enjoy it! :blushing:

There is something like that in the opening sequence for the show "Dexter", but I can't remember if it's exactly the scene you describe.

I just saw a commercial today. I was at lunch with coworkers, and it was on a TV across the room, so I didn't hear it or anything. I think it was for HBOs True Blood series. It shows a guy, I suppose it's the series' protagonist or something, shaving with a Fatboy. He winces, then touches his face, and then they show a bead of blood on his finger tip. He licks the blood off his finger. I think that was pretty much the whole commercial. I haven't found it online, just found it interesting because the razor jumped out at me. It was definitely a Gillette Fatboy.

He must have been using a Merkur blade. He should watch the Mantic59 videos on youtube.

Ohhh, I've watched both seasons of that show and somehow didn't notice Don shaving with the Gillette Black Handle--very nice though! And it makes sense that he'd shave with a long handled Gillette because he's sort of a big guy.

How's this for shaving nerdery? The show is set in 1960 (first season). Is it possible that Don Draper is using a black handled Gillette Super Speed? When were those first made?

-Andy

How's this for shaving nerdery? The show is set in 1960 (first season). Is it possible that Don Draper is using a black handled Gillette Super Speed? When were those first made?

-Andy

The wiki shows that the first black handled Gillettes (Super Speed and Knack) came out in 1966. So maybe there's an error? I think this has been mentioned before somewhere on here, but can't remember for sure.

Top Bottom