What's new

New toy

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Well, not that new. Got it last Christmas but just put it together today. Attaching the net was a pain until I figured out that I needed to hook the top and bottom first then do the sides. It seems to work well, but I need to learn how to control my pitches again. I'm way off. It does fly balls, line drives, and grounders depending on where you hit the net. Need to adjust the strike zone area.

I haven't done much activity lately so I got tired real quick. At least it will give me some cardio.

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I love the Yankees cap!

Also, you might want to move that away from your front window.

:001_rolle

Yup, that is obvious. I thought about that also. But I was just throwing soft pitches to try it out. It's going in the backyard for use where if I miss it the ball just goes into the yard. It will be stored in SWMBOs she shed.

I was surprised about how out of shape I am.

That’s awesome! Well, everything except the hat that is.

The Texas Rangers are the home team here, and a friend of mine goes to the Frisco RoughRiders games for the minor leagues, but it doesn't look like the Kansas teams have done very well in the World Series. :sleep12:

I liked Mickey Mantle as a kid.

World Series Overview

This would be very cool at any age. Workouts are always good and, if baseball is your passion or is part of your past, then why not have some fun.

This would be very cool at any age. Workouts are always good and, if baseball is your passion or is part of your past, then why not have some fun.

+1 -- I haven't "worked out" since lifting weights religiously back in my HS daze. Ever since I have focused more on fun activities with workouts as side effects -- like with mountain biking or snow skiing. Screw the gym!

I throw now and then, but throw atlatl darts instead. I’ve noticed improvement in a shoulder injury (skateboarding) from keeping fairly regular at it, but do have a ways to go yet. Starting with short sessions was key for me to pushing through healing. Longer sessions were setting me back at first.

I hope you get back to your desired activity level without injury,

Yup, that is obvious. I thought about that also. But I was just throwing soft pitches to try it out. It's going in the backyard for use where if I miss it the ball just goes into the yard. It will be stored in SWMBOs she shed.

I was surprised about how out of shape I am.

The Texas Rangers are the home team here, and a friend of mine goes to the Frisco RoughRiders games for the minor leagues, but it doesn't look like the Kansas teams have done very well in the World Series. :sleep12:

I liked Mickey Mantle as a kid.

World Series Overview
I think the Royals won the World Series 3-4 years ago.

Top Bottom