What's new

New TOBS Fan

I have TOBS Coconut and love the scent. It lathers up easily and performs well. But it dries out my skin so I only use it every so often.

St. James and Eton College are my two go-to creams. I use them with the aftershave and colognes, respectively. I find that aftershave splashes are just fine if you put on moisturizer first--kind of like making your own balm.

If you really like the St. James scent (as I do), then you should try the deodorant. I find that it actually keeps me smelling better than any other deodorant out there. The scent is truer to the cream than even the cologne!

I have used Sandalwood, Mr. Taylor's, Grapefruit, Rose, Almond, and Lavender in the past. All were good. I need to try Royal Forest and Cedarwood--I have high expectations!

Thanks carrda04. I've been wanting to buy the St. James deodorant, Will do so now.

Grapefruit has a real nice citrus scent that works well with any citrus AS. Lathering is silly easy. Great stuff to break in a new brush.

Count me in as another ToBS St. James Fan. It's not quite Cremogena, but the scent is nicer & when used with Distilled Water, performs just fine!

I've used a few TOBS scents, but the big ones that I keep coming back to are Rose and Mr. Taylor's, especially Mr. Taylor's. The only TOBS I've actually disliked is the avocado, and that's because my skin is allergic to avocado oil and TOBS Avocado (like any other avocado-containing shave product) burns like hell on my face.

I love the scents for Avocado and Sandalwood but the Sandalwood lights me up like a Christmas tree if I'm not careful. I have to bowl lather and shave quickly and I'm ok. Not sure why but it's one of only two scents that I've reacted to.

Of the ones I've tried, the ones that agreed with me the most were Avocado (first cream when I started DE shaving actually) and Peppermint. Lemon/Lime, Sandalwood, and Mr. Taylor, not as much.

As far as a Sandalwood scent goes I much prefer the Proraso Red label. But I am curious about TOBS' Cedarwood...it sounds comparable. Almond and Coconut have piqued my interest as well. One of these days...

Still using the 4 ToBS I got during Above the Tie’s buy 1 get 1 free sale: Eton College, Sensitive Skin, Mr Taylor, and one other one that I don’t remember off of the top of my head.

No one knows about them? Hardly. I'm a big fan. I have several but the ones that will always have a place in my den are Sandalwood, Eton College and Grapefruit. Sandalwood is a great classic scent. Eton College just has a nice clean citrus scent. And Grapefruit smells so much like the real thing that my mouth waters every time I take a whiff of it. The only one that I did not like was Lemon & Lime. I find the scent to have a strong chemical like smell and the performance doesn't seem to be quite as good as the others. But TOBS is great and I plan on trying more of the scents.

I shaved with Grapefruit this morning. Probably one of my favorite of all time scents. So realistic.
IMG_0126.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I re-did TOBS today to confirm: if you used this and nothing else, you wouldn't be missing much!

AA

Top Bottom