What's new

New TOBs cream - “Shaving Soap” Shaving Cream

There’s been an Organic in Australia since 2017. Different lid but same name.

The reviews seem to suggest it has little scent. That’s much different to your link’s description. Yours sounds superb.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I used TOBS creams some years ago - Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Mr.Taylor's, and Jermyn Street, but I have never heard of 'Shaving Shop'. On Amazon there are reviews of Shaving Shop from several years ago although none recently so it does appear to be a re-release. I found all their creams to be excellent and I am sure this will be the same. I use hard soaps these days and the TOBS soaps unfortunately do not please me.

Shaving Shop was always my favorite TOBS cream as well. If anyone knows where to purchase in the US, please post. I've looked on the sites I know of and don't see it.

Following up on this. Has anyone ordered this new version of Shaving Shop cream, and if so, what's the verdict? How's the scent? The lather?

For the USA shavers, Fendrihan & New England shaving carries it:

Is this a new addition? I’ve not seen it before an intrigued by the fragrance

Shaving Shop (not Soap) shaving cream had been around for quite some time.
I remember picking some up from the Taylor’s shop in Jermyn St., London (UK) around 2006.

Together with Mr. Taylor Shaving Cream it was one of my favourite scents then.

They seemed to have discontinued it and now revived it as an organic product.
I hope the new one smells and works as well as the original one did.

B.

Shaving Shop (not Soap) shaving cream had been around for quite some time.
I remember picking some up from the Taylor’s shop in Jermyn St., London (UK) around 2006.

Together with Mr. Taylor Shaving Cream it was one of my favourite scents then.

They seemed to have discontinued it and now revived it as an organic product.
I hope the new one smells and works as well as the original one did.

B.
It does, I can't tell a difference between. I'm hoping they bring back the AS and EdT

So what's the scent like on the "Shaving Shop" cream?
I love TOBS!
My go to shaving cream 90% of the time is Cedarwood. I don't get bored of it no matter what.
I know it's hard to describe scents but maybe someone can compare it to something else that's similar?

Last edited:
So what's the scent like on the "Shaving Shop" cream?
I love TOBS!
My go to shaving cream 90% of the time is Cedarwood. I don't get bored of it no matter what.
I know it's hard to describe scents but maybe someone can compare it to something else that's similar?
It's a clean soapy, creamy barbershop scent.

This is a very uniquely scented cream and stands apart in performance (and texture) compared to all the other TOBS cream I’ve used.

The scent is…interesting. I didn’t like it at first, it reminded me a lot of cheap liquid hand soap used in divey bathrooms. But then I don’t know, it just grew on me. It’s the only scent I cannot for the life of me describe. I think there’s a healthy dose of geranium in there but that’s it. It’s soapy and clean, as boring as that sounds that’s the best I can do.

The texture is somewhat fluffy and the cream is very concentrated. A small finger snurdle is plenty to bowl-lather enough for 4 passes with a soppy wet Simpsons badger.

Very nice product, love the British creams, you can’t go wrong with any of them!

Top Bottom