What's new

New TOBs cream - “Shaving Soap” Shaving Cream

Good Evening,
I have been a little hesitant to express my opinions and ideas because you all seem to be more knowledgeable and experienced than I. But I thought I would add to this discussion.

From the fragrance description, this sounds like a very wonderful fragrance, and, of course, the TOBS soaps and creams are wonderful.

I have been looking for the Shave Shop soap for some time, and thanks to your discussion, I have made a discovery. There seems to be two distinct versions of this cream available.

The TOBS website shows a black tub with a red sticker on top with the lettering Shave Shop and Court Hairdressers.

The NE Shave Company shows a tan tub with purple(?) lettering Shave Shop and Organic.

From your input, I assume that the black tub is the newest while the tan tub is older. I plan to place an order soon. I have no definitive information but maybe this will help some of you to provide information to all.

Thanks

Good Evening,
I have been a little hesitant to express my opinions and ideas because you all seem to be more knowledgeable and experienced than I. But I thought I would add to this discussion.

From the fragrance description, this sounds like a very wonderful fragrance, and, of course, the TOBS soaps and creams are wonderful.

I have been looking for the Shave Shop soap for some time, and thanks to your discussion, I have made a discovery. There seems to be two distinct versions of this cream available.

The TOBS website shows a black tub with a red sticker on top with the lettering Shave Shop and Court Hairdressers.

The NE Shave Company shows a tan tub with purple(?) lettering Shave Shop and Organic.

From your input, I assume that the black tub is the newest while the tan tub is older. I plan to place an order soon. I have no definitive information but maybe this will help some of you to provide information to all.

Thanks

I received a tan bowl when it was initially re-released, but have seen the black bowl since. I’m just guessing, but maybe changed it along the way for marketing purposes?

The scent is unique and an acquired taste, based on how uniquely pungent it really is. You may or may not like it, only one way to find out. 😎

I received a tan bowl when it was initially re-released, but have seen the black bowl since. I’m just guessing, but maybe changed it along the way for marketing purposes?

I wonder if the tan bowls were left over from before they discontinued the product, and they decided to use them up before switching to the new, black bowls that they seem to be using for all their new releases.

I wonder if the tan bowls were left over from before they discontinued the product, and they decided to use them up before switching to the new, black bowls that they seem to be using for all their new releases.

My tan tub was very fresh, the cream was very soft and fluffy. After owning it a couple of years it’s lost enough moisture to be almost croap-like.

Many times I’ve ordered creams that were quite hard, guessing they sat around for several years and dried out in a warehouse somewhere.

I think my sample was way too fresh to have been sitting around for 5+ years in a warehouse. Also, when I ordered mine it was advertised in a tan tub, so I had zero reason to question its age.

My tan tub was very fresh, the cream was very soft and fluffy. After owning it a couple of years it’s lost enough moisture to be almost croap-like.

Many times I’ve ordered creams that were quite hard, guessing they sat around for several years and dried out in a warehouse somewhere.

I think my sample was way too fresh to have been sitting around for 5+ years in a warehouse. Also, when I ordered mine it was advertised in a tan tub, so I had zero reason to question its age.
I was referring to the bowls themselves, not the product inside.

I doubt the bowls are manufactured, printed, and filled in the same facility. TOBS probably orders the printed bowls in bulk from another vendor (quite possibly the same one that supplies GFT and others) and keeps inventory for when they do production runs of their creams. Maybe they had old inventory of the printed bowls and decided to use them instead of throw them out.

I was referring to the bowls themselves, not the product inside.

I doubt the bowls are manufactured, printed, and filled in the same facility. TOBS probably orders the printed bowls in bulk from another vendor (quite possibly the same one that supplies GFT and others) and keeps inventory for when they do production runs of their creams. Maybe they had old inventory of the printed bowls and decided to use them instead of throw them out.

I highly doubt they wound’ve kept pre-labeled bowls and lids in storage “just in case” they decided to rerun a product they discontinued.

Top Bottom