What's new

New to Wet Shaving... Want to say Hello

I am new to wet shaving. Have been using those 5 blades for yeeears. Finally decided to give wet shaving a try since cartridges are expensive and I kind of dig the looks of a DE razor.

I bough a VDH from target and used their shave butter. First round of that with my weeks worth of peach fuzz and I cut up my face pretty good. Read up more on the technique, applied some bottled shaving cream over the VDH shave butter and shaved 2 days of stubble/scruff off and much better experience.

I just purchased some Stirling soap to try and a synth brush as well.

Still a work in progress and still working on improving my technique.

Welcome to B&B
Your problem might be your pushing a bit hard, just let the weight of the razor do the work and experiment with the angle a little.

The Stirling soap is good stuff. And the synthetic brushes are awesome.

Good luck and may all your shaves be close.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B! Lots of good advice and camaraderie here. Your cartridge days will soon be a dim memory.

Welcome to B&B. You've got a fine soap and brush to make excellent lather. Your technique will come with time. Light touch, take your time, and be patient. Enjoy!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Welcome to B&B, You have come to the right place .
A lot of good advice here , Light Pressure and keep working at the technique
Don't be timid about asking questions ,We have all been there.

Welcome and congrats on making the change!

Your technique will continue to improve and you will get better and better shaves. B&B has a wealth of info and helpful folks. There are others on other site and YouTube videos can be very helpful.

Top Bottom