What's new

New to vaping.

I don't smoke cigarettes and never have. But I like to smoke a pipe or cigar every now and then. I like the buzz I get from a cigar but I hate how it makes me smell. So I ventured into vaping. I have an Ego-T to vape with. But check this out. I was asking the guy at my local vape store what a non smoking beginner should use as far as the juice. He recommended Apollo liquid vapor flavor Razzle. It's a small vile at 10ml but the strength is 24mg. My head is spinning. I was reading that 24mg is real strong. I've been puffing away and I was wondering why I was getting such a huge buzz off of two or three drags. Am I wrong? Or should I be vaping a much lower mg? I don't vape always but when I do, I don't want to feel this strong of a buzz. Any recommendations?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
If you have never smoked you don't need the nicotine. I would not do more than 1 mg. 0 if you like the taste of the juice. I found 0 MG did not carry near the flavor as 1 mg. I used to be a smoker and 24 mg would have done me in.

If you have never smoked you don't need the nicotine. I would not do more than 1 mg. 0 if you like the taste of the juice. I found 0 MG did not carry near the flavor as 1 mg. I used to be a smoker and 24 mg would have done me in.

I cant believe that guy recommended 24mg for me. I do want a nicotine buzz, but I just want it to not be so strong. What should I get off I do want the buzz but not to blast off?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I cant believe that guy recommended 24mg for me. I do want a nicotine buzz, but I just want it to not be so strong. What should I get off I do want the buzz but not to blast off?

I think 5 or 6 mg would give you a buzz. It sure did me once I was vaping only 1 mg.

1st of all, get out while you can. I mean RUN!
I'm vaping for 7-8 years now and let me tell you, it's not any better than smoking no matter what they say. Yes, you replace the tar and all that nasty stuff with glycerine and all kind of chemical flavors, all of which i'm not quite sure they're good for you - in fact i'm sure is just the opposite.
Yes, 24mg is strong, very strong for a non-smoker - that's why the dizziness. There are juices w/o any nicotine, try that - all the same but without nicotine, if you never smokes you won't miss it. If you start adding nicotine, doesn't matter the strength, you'll be a nicotine addict in no time, and THAT'S HARD, i mean really hard habit to break. It took me year to get down to 8-12mg, i still feel the need to have some. Better stick with pipe and/or cigars.

holy smokes, 24MG is big. Too big for me, and I am a former smoker.

I like the 3-6MG/ML range. 3MG is great for a long vape session. 6 if I just want a fix.

Edit: If you're not a cig smoker, 0 MG is probably best after reading and thinking about it.

Last edited:
The guy at the shop should have never sold you 24mg. He also should have advised you not to start. If someone comes into my shop and tells me what you are telling me I will do my best to convince them otherwise.
As others have said I would not recommend starting to vape. If you are convinced you want to I can't tell you otherwise but at least go for 0mg.

If you need any advise or anything feel free to PM if you need to.

The guy at the shop should have never sold you 24mg. He also should have advised you not to start. If someone comes into my shop and tells me what you are telling me I will do my best to convince them otherwise.
As others have said I would not recommend starting to vape. If you are convinced you want to I can't tell you otherwise but at least go for 0mg.

If you need any advise or anything feel free to PM if you need to.

Well I only smoke cigars and strong pipe tobacco when I drink, and I only drink once or twice a month. I don't carry it with me to puff all the time. I like the buzz I get, I just want a much less buzz. I'm going to continue to vape, I just want a much smaller mg I guess. I'm not cloud chasing or anything like that. I just want a good small buzz when I go out for drinks once or twice a month.

Well I only smoke cigars and strong pipe tobacco when I drink, and I only drink once or twice a month. I don't carry it with me to puff all the time. I like the buzz I get, I just want a much less buzz. I'm going to continue to vape, I just want a much smaller mg I guess. I'm not cloud chasing or anything like that. I just want a good small buzz when I go out for drinks once or twice a month.
Just my recommendation mate. You do what you wish with it. Regardless go for 6mg nicotine max and I would go back to the shop and complain.

Being an ex-smoker, casual vaper, pipe smoker and cigar smoker, I know what you buzz you are talking about. Its akin to the head rush smokers get with that first cigarette after a long break. It might be worth considering that if you start vaping with nicotine, your body will get used to getting small doses of nicotine and you will then need a stronger hit of nicotine to get that rush.

I don't know your level of self-control, other factors, blah blah blah. End of the day, do what is right for you but my advice is enjoy the couple of times a month you enjoy a pipe or cigar and leave it at that.

Being an ex-smoker, casual vaper, pipe smoker and cigar smoker, I know what you buzz you are talking about. Its akin to the head rush smokers get with that first cigarette after a long break. It might be worth considering that if you start vaping with nicotine, your body will get used to getting small doses of nicotine and you will then need a stronger hit of nicotine to get that rush.

I don't know your level of self-control, other factors, blah blah blah. End of the day, do what is right for you but my advice is enjoy the couple of times a month you enjoy a pipe or cigar and leave it at that.

Well I know you guys saying just stick with an occasional pipe or cigar are right. I got done juice that was only 6mg and it's just giving me a spinning head followed by a headache. I gave it away. I don't think I can become addicted to nicotine. It just gives me a headache. Plus I've been reading that the oils and our nicotine from a vaporizer can weaken and inflame your lungs so they may cause them to not properly fight off infection or become infected because of the vapor. I don't know how true that is but from what you guys say and my experience thus far, I'm not doing it anymore. Thanks.

Just catching up here.

A 24mg nic level is pretty high and about on par with smoking Camel non filters but some people do need the higher level to quit the Stinkies.

And a lot of the newer tanks use Sub Ohm Heads which will intensify the Nicotine "Rush" and you really should not use a nic level much higher than 12mg if not 6mg.

In addition to nicotine, E-Liquids contain USP grade Propylene Glycol (it is used in Asthma Inhalers and also pumped into the air in hospitals to kill bacteria) and that will dry your mouth and throat tissues unless you keep hydrated by drinking lots of water which is something your doctors will advise you to do anyway.

And per the above, most vapers report fewer colds and infections due to the above.

Reduce your nic as if you are getting a Buzz or a Headache you are getting to much and drink a lot of water.

Just wow...

First.. my wife was a smoker all her life and tried EVERYTHING to quit, and vaping was the only thing that worked. That was several years ago, way before any stores were established, we had to order everything then. We tried many kits and many liquids and while I know that we aren't close to "experts" that take it as a very serious hobby, I feel that I do have some valid notions about it.

Myself I never got hooked but would have a smoke now and then under circumstances (going out and such).

First, 24mg is dangerously high for a non-smoker and I'm surprised that it didn't burn like hell. This guy that recommended such a high level should be kicked out of that store.

Second, a lot depends on what you are really looking for... the taste of a good cigar, the warmth, just to enjoy making "smoke", or to get a buzz out of it.

As far as nicotine level, stick with a low 3 or 6 max.. the higher you go, the more you'll need as your body will build a resistance.

Myself, I enjoy all of the above aside the buzz as nicotine has no effect aside a burning sensation that makes me cough.

I just got myself a new "toy", the Eleaf TC60W, which is a very nice kit that comes with a low ohm tank... compared to this, every other kits I've used feel like a toy, as I never really got enough warmth and such without burning out my coils very fast.

Note about low-ohm kits... the battery and the liquid do get used faster, but it's a nice warm hit, lots of smoke/vape.

This kit is nice for many things.. one, it's not too expensive and high quality, it's a temp. control unit that the coils are supposed to last long (it's only been a few days for me with it so I can't confirm yet) and it comes with one of each the three types that it can use, the tank is a very nice one with top loading (little door that slides open to fill), which I absolutely love. Also, replaceable battery (you have to get one as it doesn't come with one, small annoyance) so when the battery goes, you can simply replace it. I'm considering getting a few extras and a external charger.

Even after a few days, I have trouble using my old kit now as it just doesn't compare. The difference in the flavours coming through is just amazing.

One thing about low-ohm tanks, it seriously boasts the hit to feel like double or even triple, so 3mg can easily feel like a 6mg or stronger, A 6mg can easily fell like a 10-12mg, as per with a standard type tanks/atomizer/coil of 1.5/1.8.

Not about juice: For a nice flavour and such, I love several liquids, but as taste is personal I'll just state my favourites and describe them.

Badlands -Kicking Horse, a very nice cigar flavour, similar to cigarillos, but richer like a good stogie. a few drops of any fruit flavoured liquid and it's plain awesome.

Juicy e-Juice, watermelon and sweet tarts, both very nice and sweet, mixes well with other flavours. Also, Cool Canadian Menthol, which is better mixed with other stuff as it's a very strong menthol. It's fantastic and clears the sinuses, along with bringing out the flavours of whatever I add it to.

Ripe Vapes - VCT, a Vanilla Custard Tobacco, very premium stuff, very smooth. The only one that I treated myself and puffed a whole evening to the point of feeling sick, and was craving it the next day like crazy.

Toronto Juice co. OMC (Oh my Custard), a rich custard that I just tried lately, very nice and rich.

I mostly use 0mg (no nic.) but don't mind 3mg depending on the liquid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom