What's new

New to this whole brush thing..

Amazing! Especially when taking into consideration how you make them. That white pearl....mmm mmm!

I think you might have a knack for this... would love to see what you do with a lathe and a spindle gouge or skew chisel in hand. I'm seriously impressed.

Amazing! Especially when taking into consideration how you make them. That white pearl....mmm mmm!

I think you might have a knack for this... would love to see what you do with a lathe and a spindle gouge or skew chisel in hand. I'm seriously impressed.

Thank you for the kind words! Im having fun with this and I think a new lathe will make its way into the workshop soon :001_302:

IMG_5719.JPG

So here's the last blank I had poured, as promised. Now I just have to wait for the knots to arrive. This one and the white one are probably my two favorites. Overall I'm reasonably happy with the results considering the lack of proper tools and the fact that I had a shoulder reconstruction 10 days ago :001_302:

IMG_5739.JPG
I
IMG_5737.JPG

I added some knots to these today, 26mm high mountain white in the red handle and a 28mm 2 band in the white. I'm really pleased with both of these!!

Man you gotta be messing with us! Your handles look like you've been doing this for years!

My favorite is the black and clear one!

Thanks guys! Now I have myself a great variety of brushes at a fraction of the cost

Wow those look amazing. Wish I had the space right now to try my hand at turning, keep up the good work :)
You don't need much space, my workshop is only tiny,1/2 of a single car garage and that houses my motorcycle as well. Adds work bench and it room to stand only!

You don't need much space, my workshop is only tiny,1/2 of a single car garage and that houses my motorcycle as well. Adds work bench and it room to stand only!

With a benchtop lathe you could do it in a phone booth, if you could find a phone booth!

Top Bottom