What's new

New to the forum with a question about a couple of razors

I've wet shaved forever. I used several cartridge razors until about 12 years ago when I switched to DE razors. I used a Merkur 23C until the last couple of years. I now have several others and switch between them often. I've had the Merkur 39C for a couple of months and recently bought a Parker Semi Slant. The Parker is my only razor that seems to leave my face a little irritated. I thought it was suppose to be milder than other slants. What do you think?

IMHO the Parker semi-slant is less effective than the 39C, so perhaps you are applying too much pressure or going over trouble areas repeatedly to achieve the results you want to achieve. Try a sharper blade such as Feather, Nacet, or Bic CP.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
The Parker is my only razor that seems to leave my face a little irritated. I thought it was suppose to be milder than other slants. What do you think?
I think that some razors work better on some faces than other razors. I'd use the one that didn't irritate my face (because I'm like a genius, only smarter). You can certainly experiment with different angles, blades and lathers for the Parker if you are intrigued by that kind of exercise.

I'm too lazy, I find the stuff that works for me and use that.

Yeah it bugs me when I don't understand. The Mercury's slant is very pleasant to use. Since the Parker slant is suppose to be milder I've got to know.

I think that some razors work better on some faces than other razors. I'd use the one that didn't irritate my face (because I'm like a genius, only smarter). You can certainly experiment with different angles, blades and lathers for the Parker if you are intrigued by that kind of exercise.

Thanks. It just bugs me when I don't understand.

I guess I have to get smarter.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Thanks. It just bugs me when I don't understand.
There is nothing wrong with figuring out how any razor works. You may have to try a few different blades as all blades don't work well in all razors.

My best guess is it will require a different shaving angle. It can be a little frustrating trying to figure out if you need more angle or less, but you'll get it if you want to stick with it long enough to get there.

Top Bottom