What's new

New to SE razors, help please

Hi Guys, I've been shaving with DE's for years and now with straights, but never tried SE's and never got attention to them.
Would you give me some advices of a MILD SE razor that accepts Feather artist club blades ?
thanks in advance :)

The Feather Artist Club blades are made specifically for the Feather Artist Club razors, or shavettes.
The blade cartridge has a mechanism for safely loading the blade. It is a proprietary system of blade and handle intended to be used together. I would not recommend trying to use the blades in any other shavette or SE razor.

The Blackland Vector is considered the top-of-the-class single edge safety razor designed for use with Feather AC blades. After obtaining a Vector, I sold several double edge safety razors. I have not felt the need to try other AC razors, but I have read that the Alpha Shaving Claymore and Razorock Hawk are very good SE razors that use the AC blade.

I can agree that the Vector is an amazing shaver.

In the world of the AC razor, different blades also control the mild/medium/aggressive feel as much as the razor.

I find a Vector with a Proguard to be an amazing mild shaver that gives me a 3 pass BBS without any alum sting.

With a Professional or Schick Proline, the same Vector becomes a medium aggression razor.

The Vector seems very hard to find, I think I'm gonna take the Hawk v2 aluminum which is cheap, just to try this kind of razor. I think it's good to start, no ?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The RazoRock Hawk V2 is usually mild. Mine is. Have heard some were aggressive, but most require barely feeling the cap and safety bar against skin for best shaving results. Schick Proline P-series (the B-series is for Injector blade razors) works very well, but I’ve only tried two AC-format blades in that razor.

ok thanks Ewk, is the Vecor considered as mild ?
As @EMG06 said, the blade makes a big difference. (I have only used Feather Professional). Shane provides a chart regarding blade selection on the Vector product page on the Blackland website.

Is it mild? It is very comfortable, and very efficient.

For the price and availability, the Hawk is probably a great way for you to go.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Two of the mildest AC razors of which I am aware are the RazoRock Hawk V3SB and the Above the Tie X1.

I own and use both. My personal opinion is that the ATT X1 is milder and smoother than the Hawk. Enough so that the Hawk will soon have a new owner. I'm not completely in love with AC format so the X1 will be my AC razor. I like Gem format a little better, though I'm having to do some additional looking for the razor that will work well for me.

I like the Kai Captain Titan Mild PINK blades. They are sharp and smooth, needing a bit of mindfulness when going through the first two or three shaves but in these razors I have easily gotten 9 shaves (three weeks for me) out of a blade. I could have gone longer, but I prefer to switch off razors every two weeks, usually. Shaving three weeks with a blade that does such a good job, frankly, gets boring for me. First World problem, I suspect.

There are "soft" blades available, as well as guarded blades from both Feather and Kai. I've tried the Schick Prolines but find them too sharp for me. I've tried Feather and Kai guarded blades and find them rough and scratchy, and I've defaulted to the Kai mild blades. I'm good with that.

O.H.

Occam's Razor (mine is an Oren) are incredibly efficient and mild. The loading and holding system bothers some, but (IME) it allows flex even with Feather Pros that provides a smoother more comfortable shave than any other AC. The Hawk & ATT are tied in second place.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can vouch for the Executive Shaving Company (also distributed by Alpha Shaving Company) Claymore Evolution being "mild, yet efficient". I used mine exclusively from mid February until just recently, so just over 5 months. It is a wonderful razor for me.

I just started venturing into the DE razor genre and am having fun, but I took my Claymore Evo with me to Bali for a month. It provides a very engaging, yet mild, shave. I have tried the Feather Pro Soft guarded blades but actually prefer their ProGuards or the Kai Captain Protouch MG guarded blades by a very small margin.

I finally pulled the trigger on the Razorock Hawk v2 aluminum and recieved it. I had my first shave a few hours ago. I used a feather soft guard (as I usually do with my shavette) and it is the mildest razor I've ever tried, love it, I can multiple pass and it is impossible to cut myself. Worth the money !!!

Top Bottom