What's new

New to Me...

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
So my Alien Gear shell for the Colt 1903 came in and I mounted it on the paddle holster base. After just some slight adjustments I think I have it dialed in. I'll give it a try over the long weekend and see how it does. I think my 1920 Colt 1903 Type III that was Parkerized professionally at some time in its past will be the first but I'll likely also check to see if it will work with my Type I that has the 4" instead of 3.75" barrel.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

and the 4":
proxy.php

proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Kydex holsters can remove bluing (rub off) in my experience ... Because those are classics!

AA

If you're gonna carry and use it, wear that finish out. Old houses get lived in and repainted, classic cars get driven and repainted. Classic guns that don't get used, are usually hanging on the wall or in a display case. I say, wear that finish off and give it some character! :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
When I carry one of my 1903s it is most often in one of my pocket holsters. The Alessi in the first couple of pictures works great for that. I also have a Hunter 1100-19 that works well with both the 3.75" barrels and my 4" barrel.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you're gonna carry and use it, wear that finish out. Old houses get lived in and repainted, classic cars get driven and repainted. Classic guns that don't get used, are usually hanging on the wall or in a display case. I say, wear that finish off and give it some character! :)

You are of course right … I just had some anguish at rubbing the European bluing off a Walther PP.

It *had* that bluing like a Colt, you know … the light, high kind.

If I could see the sights, I'd still carry it!

AA

OkieStubble

You are of course right … I just had some anguish at rubbing the European bluing off a Walther PP.

It *had* that bluing like a Colt, you know … the light, high kind.

If I could see the sights, I'd still carry it!

AA

As my eyes are getting older, I'm thinking about not using the sights anymore. I'm thinking I'll just point & aim the length of the slide between the two, dark shoulders of the silhouetted B27.

Should be good enough, right? :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
QUOTE="OkieStubble, post: 10342716, member: 32898"]As my eyes are getting older, I'm thinking about not using the sights anymore. I'm thinking I'll just point & aim the length of the slide between the two, dark shoulders of the silhouetted B27.

Should be good enough, right? :)[/QUOTE]

Yup.

"Old age and treachery can always overcome youth and skill." Banking on that, and the good & evil thing ...

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Well the Alien Gear jess plain sucked so it's back to the old leather holsters. Right now it's an old COWS (Classic Old West) holster. COWS was another of the El Paso holster makers but I think they are not around anymore.

The Alien Gear simply sat way too far away from my body and was designed to hold the grip out instead of it nestled in against my body. It was uncomfortable, my arm brushed the grip when walking, it was an awkward draw and simply without any redeeming features.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
"Old age and treachery can always overcome youth and skill." Banking on that, and the good & evil thing ...AA

And a corollary to the above is.."Don't try to go toe to toe with an old man, he won't play your game. He'll just kill you straight out!"

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, hang it, it's true: these pocket pistols have tiny sights ... maybe put Crimson Trace on those Colts!

(actually no, never; that would be an abomination ...)

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Well, hang it, it's true: these pocket pistols have tiny sights ... maybe put Crimson Trace on those Colts!

(actually no, never; that would be an abomination ...)

AA
Like giving Pudge a tuna sandwich.

OkieStubble

QUOTE="OkieStubble, post: 10342716, member: 32898"]As my eyes are getting older, I'm thinking about not using the sights anymore. I'm thinking I'll just point & aim the length of the slide between the two, dark shoulders of the silhouetted B27.

Should be good enough, right? :)

Yup.

"Old age and treachery can always overcome youth and skill." Banking on that, and the good & evil thing ...
AA[/QUOTE]

Amen brother! "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he can't whip ya, he'll just kill ya!" :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Yup.

AA

Amen brother! "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he can't whip ya, he'll just kill ya!" :)[/QUOTE]
Along that line...

Ike was President when I started shooting handguns. Likely when I began shotguns and rifles as well.

So the question is; "Who was the US President when you began shooting?"

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I suppose Kennedy was President when I started, under parental supervision, at shooting BB, pellet guns and single shot .22LR. Johnson when shooting pistols first time, Nixon when I got my first .357 mag revolver.

Top Bottom