What's new

New (to me) Travel Tech

Just received this little guy in the mail. Looks practically new.
08B62B63-E900-46CE-BA7B-970690A6C83E.jpeg

The leather case is a dry and cracking on the spine, so while I do a little research on how to revive it, I re-housed it in a small Altoids tin. I put a small magnet on the lid to hold blades.
DF554DC9-BF3D-46DF-A07F-A3C3D0C4F9A7.jpeg

This all got me thinking of putting together a small travel set up. I found a small tin for soap (Stirling Electric Sheep) and added the smallest, though not very small synthetic brush I have.
681BE7F7-5873-4C04-8BA1-1EAF1B03011D.jpeg

I’m kinda pleased with this little set up.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Just received this little guy in the mail. Looks practically new.
View attachment 1326104

The leather case is a dry and cracking on the spine, so while I do a little research on how to revive it, I re-housed it in a small Altoids tin. I put a small magnet on the lid to hold blades.
View attachment 1326106

This all got me thinking of putting together a small travel set up. I found a small tin for soap (Stirling Electric Sheep) and added the smallest, though not very small synthetic brush I have.
View attachment 1326119

I’m kinda pleased with this little set up.
Great score!

@LMcC Lexol will help with your leather case. Light coats allowing them to fully absorb before adding another. Saddle soap may work too, but has a tendency to darken lighter colors. Nice score- enjoy. Your little travel kit is adorable :001_smile .

@LMcC Lexol will help with your leather case. Light coats allowing them to fully absorb before adding another. Saddle soap may work too, but has a tendency to darken lighter colors. Nice score- enjoy. Your little travel kit is adorable :001_smile .

Thank you for the recommendation. I did a couple coats of Lexol yesterday, several hours apart. Probably do a couple more today.

9A139B6B-CBE4-4C32-A917-4103AECEA8EE.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Travel Tech
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: Stirling Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep

Good morning! Today I woke up to utility trucks outside, and no running water. Fortunately there’s a shower at my work, though I hadn’t used it before today. This afforded me an opportunity to try out the travel kit I put together the other day when I got my Travel Tech in the mail.
I had a surprisingly awesome shave, despite the odd location. Face lathered Electric Sheep with the Stirling synthetic. My little tin was just large enough to load from pretty easily, and made a nice slick lather. Two passes with the Tech / Wizamet. I was trying extra hard to keep my angles right - the tiny handle makes it really easy to lose it, and listening for audible feedback was rough because of the wicked loud exhaust fan. Incredible results though. DFS/BBS Finished with Captain’s Bay Rum and hyaluronic acid.

10/10

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Excellent! I found that the Travel Tech handle is not that much of a hindrance really. Seems silly to make something that small to begin with even smaller. I'm guessing it was a gimmick to sell more razors. But it sure fits well in that mini Altoids tin!:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Love tech razors but not a fan of the short handle on the travel techs. I like the Stirling synthetic brush though

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I bought a Travel Tech kit like that back in the ‘60’s when I was in college to keep in my doll kit. Lost it in a move 25 years ago.

Top Bottom