What's new

New to me Toggle F4

Not posting much recently, but I wanted to share pics of the Toggle I recently acquired. It came with the box, insert and original blades. Lovely cosmetic and functional condition. Can't wait to shave with it!
IMG_20210109_194935.jpg
IMG_20210109_194939.jpg
IMG_20210109_194950.jpg
IMG_20210109_200637.jpg

Very nice! I don’t know anything about that razor. Was it made by Gillette? What years were they made? Is that a special tool for opening the razor in the second photo?

Wow, congrats! Looks to be in really good condition.

Let us know how it shaves - ideally compared to a Fatboy as I have heard that its pretty similar.

Still, having a Toggle - wow!

Very nice! I don’t know anything about that razor. Was it made by Gillette? What years were they made? Is that a special tool for opening the razor in the second photo?

Made by Gillette in 1958 and 1960, the first production adjustable. Very expensive when new and not common now. There are no special tools to open, that is just what the toggle does to open the razor.

They are mechanically complicated and not quite suitable for mass production at a reasonable price, that is why Gillette developed the Fatboy to sell to the popular market, then improved that a few years later to create the Slim.

Made by Gillette in 1958 and 1960, the first production adjustable. Very expensive when new and not common now. There are no special tools to open, that is just what the toggle does to open the razor.

They are mechanically complicated and not quite suitable for mass production at a reasonable price, that is why Gillette developed the Fatboy to sell to the popular market, then improved that a few years later to create the Slim.
Thank you.

WOW! The F4 Gillette adjustable razors are wonderfully different. Your Toggle looks to use some of the same parts of my F4 Bottom Dial particularly the blade lifter thingy.If I remember correctly there’s an F4 Fat Boy variant that has some shared features with these. Great find! RIP TORN out

Top Bottom