What's new

New (to me) Open comb micromatic

Just got this in the mail. I cleaned it up. Looks amazing (and scary)

5981CC66-4A85-4F46-93A6-488BA6C205F3.jpeg
5DD6D65A-8036-42C7-81DE-6839B3CBF6A0.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been using a Gem G bar for the last week and I found short strokes with some over lapping seems to work well for myself with very light pressure to almost neutral weight. Nice condition the razor you bought, enjoy.
Have some great GEM shaves!

I tried this last night. It plowed through 4 days of growth with zero tugging. Thr shave on my face is incredibly smooth. My neck, in the other hand is good. I rarely go against the grain , so it’s not totally smooth.

I was shocked by how smooth this razor is when you get the angle. To my face, even smoother than a Gillette Flare tip

I’ll be at this again and again.

I tried this last night. It plowed through 4 days of growth with zero tugging. Thr shave on my face is incredibly smooth. My neck, in the other hand is good. I rarely go against the grain , so it’s not totally smooth.

I was shocked by how smooth this razor is when you get the angle. To my face, even smoother than a Gillette Flare tip

I’ll be at this again and again.
Congratulations and welcome to the fold ! You'll find it difficult to like a DE as much if you fall in love with this razor and the smooth post shave feel you'll experience.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Keep the angle very shallow, head almost riding on the skin. Light touch.
A little stretching isn't a bad idea.
I find the razor smooth and comfortable and have never understood why people say it's aggressive or harsh.

Keep the angle very shallow, head almost riding on the skin. Light touch.
A little stretching isn't a bad idea.
I find the razor smooth and comfortable and have never understood why people say it's aggressive or harsh.
It was shockingly smooth. I just have some trouble getting the angle under the chin

I’m shocked more guys don’t use these. 1) they are bizarrely smooth and efficient
2) the razors are dirt cheap compared to DEs, and built like tanks;
3) zero razor chatter possible;
4) the narrowed down razor selection is sort of a blessing in disguise.
5) they look badass

Now I want another. What do you guys recommend.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I’m shocked more guys don’t use these. 1) they are bizarrely smooth and efficient
2) the razors are dirt cheap compared to DEs, and built like tanks;
3) zero razor chatter possible;
4) the narrowed down razor selection is sort of a blessing in disguise.
5) they look badass

Now I want another. What do you guys recommend.
Buy all 3 Micromatic models and you should have all bases covered IMO. That 's what I did and agree they are a great razor. I'm still testing the different models, right now on the Gem 1958>push button.) I really enjoyed the 1912 model and that is a great razor IMO.
Gem Razor Models

Top Bottom