What's new

new to me Mongoose

Just picked this up here from a fellow member on the BST. It's an original first gen mongoose.
IMG_20190404_182443.jpg
I'll be comparing it with my only other ac style SE, a att alum se1. This is my first SS razor. The heft is incredible. The handle alone weighs 87.5 grams, compared to 26grams on my aluminum handle. Look forward to shaving with it.

Used the mongoose this morning. I've used an att alum se1 all week with a schick proline blade. I put that same blade in the mongoose this morning and used a nice declaration grooming soap. In the afterface feel I can not say that I feel a difference between the two shaves. The shave itself is very different. Two things are completely new to me, the heft of SS and the flat cap of the mongoose. The att has a rounded top cap and seems to have a broader range of angle that will cut without ever feeling the suction that comes from a flat cap. The mongoose will take time to learn that angle that is intended by the shape of the cap. I will probably pick up a titanium handle at some point. The mongoose didn't leave any weepers or irritation.

It is a beautiful razor. The shave with a Schick proline with 4 shaves on it went ok, but I look forward to trying the feather blades. I think that different soaps will have to be considered as well to minimize the suction of the flat head to the face.

Top Bottom