What's new

New to me Gillette Traveler 5 piece set

Just scored this set off ebay. The seller was really good and answered all my questions so I am hoping it is as good as it looks from the pictures. I bought it with a mind to restore for regular use/ travel. Has anyone done any leather restoration touch ups? Any idea who would be good to contact? I was thinking of maybe someone who does book restoration.
Also does anyone know exactly what year/ style it is.
$_57 (1) 2.JPG
$_57 (1) 4.JPG
$_57.JPG

Thanks guys. I was looking online trying to figure by the style and set when it was made but wasn't sure. I have never used the new improved so that is a double nice surprise!

I really like that handle style. Very classy, at least to me.

I've read in the past, and seen pictures of amazing results using Lexol leather conditioner on similar cases.

Yeah the leather seems in really good shape for its age. Hopefully I can get it treated to help keep it healthy. I am kinda torn between keeping it to the factory gold finish or going Nickel which I think looks a lot sharper. I would love to do Rhodium but understand it tends to crack on soft flexible surfaces like tubes and blade banks. White Gold would be awesome but $$$$

I've read in the past, and seen pictures of amazing results using Lexol leather conditioner on similar cases.

Thanks for the pointer I will look into the Lexol.
Edit. I looked on amazon and they had a Lexol 2 part leather restoration kit. Thanks again. You guys are the Best!

Last edited:
Top Bottom