What's new

New to leaf shaving

I'm a head shaver and have been wanting to try the leaf for a while. I just ordered the gold leaf and hope to get it soon.

Any advice on it, especially for head shaving? I'm a DE razor head shaver

- Fayiz D.

I haven't tried SE or Leaf shaving . . . not a head shaver either, although when they're mentioned the Leaf shavers seem to really enjoy their hardware. I hope you get more feedback, should be interesting.

start with a blade in the top and middle slot, try that first.

once you are comfortable you can include a blade in the bottom slot.

for me, adding a blade in the bottom slot makes it too aggressive for me.

start with a blade in the top and middle slot, try that first.

once you are comfortable you can include a blade in the bottom slot.

for me, adding a blade in the bottom slot makes it too aggressive for me.

Have you tried 2 blades in the bottom 2 slots rather than the top 2?

Just received my Leaf and trying to get an idea on best approach.

Don't press too hard. No pressure=no shave. Some pressure OK ish. To much= skin biopsy .

I find the 3rd blade does nothing for me.

Just check and make sure they remain aligned.....once (last time) one moved and wasn't good results.

Precut blades are easier to load, but most are of mediocre quality.

I punched out the numbers, comparing the Leaf vs Personna 2blade throw aways (these are 10 for $1. To come out even, you need to use the Leaf for 18+ years.......

I shave my head, and my brother loaned me his Leaf razor. I love it I don't know too much I'm fairly new to all of this, but I put in three blades, and I shave away, I always get good shaves, I'm using a shark blade I think. I really really like the Leaf razor, and I really want one of my own

Im brand new to wet shaving (1 month in) and Im attempting to be a head shaver.

Im just now learning about this leaf razor, so pls forgive my ignorance - but doesnt that take away from the benefits of single edge shaving (lack of ingrown hairs ect) ???

Sorry for the dumb newbie question

but doesnt that take away from the benefits of single edge shaving (lack of ingrown hairs ect) ???
No need for apologies for honest questions of any kind. That's what B&B is for. I have no experience with the Leaf, but many a head shaver rate it as the best for head shaving. I have been blessed to never experience in-grown hairs, so I can't address that either.

The best results for any shave is to have a flat surface for the blade to skim across. Easier done on the face; darn near impossible on the head. All those round surfaces are hard for most DE razors to shave successfully. The Leaf seems to be designed to follow the round contours better. Others say single blade injectors are better than DEs for effectively shaving that round melon, and I can see the logic.

I personally get awesome head shave results with the Henson AL13 medium. Comfortable, safe, and efficient. The Stirling ST is a strong second as it gets the job done in 1 pass with cleanups, but requires more attention to detail when handling.

Top Bottom