What's new

New to Forums and Wet Shaving

Greetings,

I'm Kyle. I've been reading on here for a while but finally registered tonight. The reason I finally signed up: I found a vintage razor, brush, and soap listing on a resale site. I'm not interested but someone here may be. Where should I post the link?

Welcome Kyle! There is a "shopping and deals" thread where it would probably best fit. I don't think general shaving discussion would be a bad place either, especially if it's a good deal.

Thanks! I dropped it where you suggested.
Welcome Kyle! There is a "shopping and deals" thread where it would probably best fit. I don't think general shaving discussion would be a bad place either, especially if it's a good deal.

More of an introduction: My friend gave me a safety razor about 2 years ago he had bought at West Coast Shaving on a trip out there. Synthetic brush, WCS razor and soap, blades from Walmart. I got pretty good shaves and thought it was fun but never really got into it. I was using it a couple months ago on a whim and happened to drop it. The screw snapped right off. I was pretty disappointed because I was starting to like the shave really well.

Anyway, I went on a razor research frenzy. Bought an "all stainless" razor from Fendrihan. Got it and the head was cast stainless. Sent that back. Bought a machined RazoRock .84. While I was waiting on that I acquired RAD. I purchased the cheap kit from Wet Shaving Club on a half off deal. Pleased with both razors. Pleasantly surprised with the cheap razor.

Now I need soaps and a brush. Excited to be here.

Thank you all. I'm still excited about traditional shaving but I'm at least as excited about all these other groups: Cafe, Nib, and Mess Hall. 😃

Curious what the average age is on here

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you all. I'm still excited about traditional shaving but I'm at least as excited about all these other groups: Cafe, Nib, and Mess Hall. 😃

Curious what the average age is on here
Welcome. I'd give 1000 to 1 odds that the average age is close to double your age, but about 1/2 your IQ!

Dave.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

Theres a wealth of information on this forum, on virtually any topic you can think of.

As to average age, I couldnt even guess. We have members in their teens and members much older than I am, and I'm more than twice your age.

Your age gives you an advantage. You can learn now what I wish I did at your age. That would have given me an extra 30 years of the best shaves I could have with some of the nicest shaving products the world has ever known.

Welcome to the forum.

Theres a wealth of information on this forum, on virtually any topic you can think of.

As to average age, I couldnt even guess. We have members in their teens and members much older than I am, and I'm more than twice your age.

Your age gives you an advantage. You can learn now what I wish I did at your age. That would have given me an extra 30 years of the best shaves I could have with some of the nicest shaving products the world has ever known.
Eager to learn. :)

Hi Kyle and welcome.

That's great you're also interested in fountain pens as well as in wet shaving. I've been using fountain pens on a regular basis since I was in junior high school in the early 80s. Those weren't commonly used by anyone I knew back then, not even by folks my age now back then. It's great to see younger generations adopt to classic things.

Top Bottom