What's new

New to forum

Greetings!

Checking in; I just signed up but over the last few months this site has been tremendously helpful to me. So wanted to say "thank you", and "look forward to some good conversation".

I've overwhelmingly used a Gillette Sensor II razor for 20+ years, but wanting a better shave, experimented with electric razors. Happened to drop and break a new Philips shaver, I decided to look for a better tool to use.

I almost went the way of one of the shave clubs, but in time (re)learned about safety razor shaving.

Thanks again folks.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Greetings!

Checking in; I just signed up but over the last few months this site has been tremendously helpful to me. So wanted to say "thank you", and "look forward to some good conversation".

I've overwhelmingly used a Gillette Sensor II razor for 20+ years, but wanting a better shave, experimented with electric razors. Happened to drop and break a new Philips shaver, I decided to look for a better tool to use.

I almost went the way of one of the shave clubs, but in time (re)learned about safety razor shaving.

Thanks again folks.
So did you put on the brakes after you came here for info or you just didn't join the shave clubs due to other factors?

Thanks all.

Re the question around shave clubs - I did not join because I thought the Gillette's I'd used were better quality than any one of the clubs', so price would have been the only reason to go there.

While economy is certainly a virtue, and a real concern for me, saving a few pennies on the morning shave isn't (the only thing) that motivated me... as I guess for everyone else here :)

I also had memories of my grandfather (yes, LONG back) using his one Gillette safety razor, memories of shave soap (for some reason in a blue bowl), hot lather. So looked up where I could find them... basically from local/big-box retail it appeared all of that is no longer made. That's when I found B&B, read up, and the rest is history!

Top Bottom